Why join Manchester Digital?
Manchester Digital represents its members to promote the North West as a place where some of the best, most creative and innovative digital work is done. It is a not‐for-profit association run and owned by its member businesses who encompass a diverse range of sectors and skills that include creative, marketing and media agencies along with technical, software and ICT suppliers.
Manchester Digital is the only body that brings together all forms of digital businesses, providing the most comprehensive opportunity for collaboration, promotion and learning as well as offering a host of important member benefits.
1. Our events programme provides the opportunity to meet other digital businesses & learn about the latest developments and trends. You can also keep up to date with HR, employment law and other legal issues that may affect your business. There’s at least one MD event every month, sometimes several. Members get free or discounted access to Manchester Digital events and valuable discounts for events we promote with partner organisations.
2. Signposting and access to business support and investment information.
3. All members are entitled to a listing in our searchable online directory, this often leads to direct referrals and business leads. Members can also purchase a listing in our new Roster that, subject to a simple verification process, assures potential clients that you are reliable, honest and offer a high level of quality and service.
4. Members can post news, share press releases and advertise jobs and business opportunities on our website. Many are also included in our weekly newsletter that is mailed to over 850 subscribers, posted into our 2000+ LinkedIn Group and tweeted to over 3000 followers.
5. Manchester Digital runs the flagship Big Chip Awards – the biggest digital awards event outside London and one of the top three in the UK. Big Chip has a big impact and many businesses have benefited greatly after a win at Big Chip. Members get discounted tickets.
6. Our work with regional education providers, our annual Digital Skills Summit and TalentDay gives members access to hundreds of graduates hungry for employment, ensuring you get the best of North West talent into your business. For many of our members, this alone saves a huge amount of time and money. It is also a chance to influence many of the local education providers and make sure that the right skills and talent is coming out of our universities and colleges.
7. As a co-founder of the OneDigital alliance, Manchester Digital lobbies government and big corporates about the changes and advances that need to happen in digital to ensure our businesses have all the tools they need to succeed in the UK. This covers everything from procurement policies, taxation, education, digital infrastructure, intellectual property legislation and investment.
These benefits are valuable, and available only to members, but the biggest benefit is what we can achieve by working together to make the region an even better place for digital business. This is why you should be a member of Manchester Digital. We rely on member subscriptions to do this work, it doesn’t cost much to be a member of Manchester Digital: small companies (up to 10 employees) pay just £50 a year and freelancers just £25.