We are looking for a mid to senior level API developer responsible for the development of our award winning cloud based web applications.
What does the job involve?
Your primary focus will be the development of our web and mobile applications, creating and exposing internal APIs, consuming external data sources and developing back-end services utilising AWS API Gateway.
You will be working in a small highly focussed, yet relaxed team, following agile processes & principles to ensure a high level of code quality. You will be responsible the CI/CD pipelines, writing and enforcing unit tests and testing application security. In addition to fellow developers, you will also be working closely with the product team, front-end designers, web developers, mobile application developers. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, clean code and creating high quality products are essential.
- Translate business requirements into high quality code
- Design, build & maintain highly performance, reliable and reusable code
- Integrate testing as part of the pipeline and code deployments
- Tackle complex projects using Agile principles in line with business priorities
- Build new APIs for mobile and web applications
- Identify and resolve possible performance constraints
- Consume external 3rd party API services
- Strong development knowledge within either a full stack or back end development experience.
- A strong understanding of programming fundamentals such as OOP, inheritance, & composition.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- AWS experience e.g. API gateway & Lambda (Typescript / Node)
- Experience with Micro services architecture
- Experience working with caching strategies using Redis,
- Database experience with mongoDB, mySQL
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS & Docker would be beneficial
Core language and platform skills:
- One of PHP / C# / Typescript
- MySQL, MongoDB
- RESTful design
- XML / SOAP
- CI/CD pipelines
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 368,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £70.4 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for three consecutive years.
What we offer
- On the job training and support
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events and meet-ups
- Pay-day drinks on our 7th floor roof terrace
- Generous holiday allowance, increasing with service and holiday buy and sell
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Death in service cover
- Confidential 24/7 365 employee assistance helpline
- Free onsite gym and trainer led classes (yoga, Pilates, boxercise, circuits)
- Paid volunteering days
- Bike loan scheme
- Season ticket loan portal
- Plus much more