AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £56.5 billion and more than 295,000 clients. Our award winning products include Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP), ISAs and Dealing Accounts.
We're recruiting a mid-level product centric iOS Engineer to help us on our mission of striving to make investing easier for all. You will put users at the forefront of the way you think and be passionate about great user experience and user interface design. You will be able to deliver tested, resilient and performant code against a fast paced environment. Your role will be pivotal in helping us achieve our mission by developing, shaping and iterating our customer facing iOS applications.
You will be working on a product that will help shape the way that people invest in order to secure their future financial wellbeing. Working in a small highly focused mobile application development team you will be responsible for delivering against key company goals not just a set of features. You will have the opportunity to impact and shape the way we build products.
Working in a small agile team will allow you to be both nimble whilst at the same time delivering value to the business. Our focus is on individuals and delivery rather than ceremonies and complex process.
What does the job involve?
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code and beautiful products.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Swift and Objective-C code.
- Ensure and strive for the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work collaboratively alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of infrastructure.
Competence, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in developing consumer facing, high-performance iOS applications using Swift and Objective-C
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDK and all of its components
- Understanding of design patterns & SOLID principles
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of the open-source iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Understanding of iOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Good knowledge of Web APIs
In return you can expect:
- Excellent career opportunities
- 24 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly pay-day Friday drinks
- Free gym and classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!