As a Lead Business Analyst, you will sit within our growing Operational Change department and your responsibilities will include:
To provide business analysis services to support AJ Bell with its growth and cost targets.
- Provide Business Analysis services to the Operational workstream using agreed practices and methodology.
- Define and document change scope with the project sponsor and senior stakeholders.
- Detailed and effective analysis, requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Support the associated development team and Enterprise Architecture by effectively translating the business and system requirements to develop successful solutions.
- Ensure the solution built by the development team meets the requirements.
- Identify and inform the project team of potential risks and mitigate risks where possible whilst using evidence-based analysis to encourage informed decisions from senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with Head of Analysis and Delivery, Head of Operational Governance, and the Operational change manager to ensure effective delivery of the prioritised strategic initiatives and approved backlog, including small change triage.
- Remove blockers to delivery or escalate for resolution where appropriate.
- Liaise with external suppliers on deliverables.
- Support production incidents as appropriate.
- Support the Head of Analysis and Delivery in developing and documenting the standards that AJ Bell upholds for business analysis work and to ensure that the standards are upheld.
- To work with product teams and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of continuous improvements, new products & functionality and to ensure AJ Bell meets its regulatory obligations.
- Line management of a team of Business Analysts/and or Junior Business Analysts including conducting performance reviews acknowledging achievements and areas for development and improvement, day to day administration, resource management and ongoing support.
Desired Knowledge and Competencies
- Will have acquired advanced competencies in business analysis preferably evidenced by professional qualifications.
- Evidence of strong experience working on and delivering complex strategic changes, data migrations, system upgrades and regulatory changes.
- Proven experience and understanding of SDLC, evidenced by changes delivered.
- Ability to understand and translate complex information for both technical and non-technical audiences, such as software delivery teams and business departments.
- Strong experience with various modelling techniques.
- Ability to capture and document unambiguous requirements using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to extract ambiguous requirements and methodically break them down into defined requirements.
- Experience using Agile delivery methodology including Kanban.
- Deep understanding of software concepts and technologies such as, API’s, databases, user interfaces and architecture.
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to learn about systems, for example making API requests, querying databases, and following user journeys.
- Experience in managing people and team workloads, enabling and empowering Business Analysts to reach maximum potential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst also effectively and quickly adapting to change.
- Experience of managing stakeholders at all levels, internal and external.
- Able to influence decisions to ensure the best consumer outcomes.
- Experience of delivering change within the Financial Services industry with a broad understanding of regulations.
- Experience using Atlassian products including JIRA and Confluence.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 449,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £71.5 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1100 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan and Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.