We are Ampersand, an ecommerce agency that specialises in transforming fast-growing retailers.
We’re looking for a People & Culture Manager to develop and implement an environment which best reflects the values of Ampersand. This role will lead the delivery of a data-driven approach to engagement, attraction and selection and learning and development.
You’ll need excellent influencing skills and be a clear communicator. You will thrive on being proactive and finding opportunities for continuous improvements across Ampersand’s People experience. Our People team also consists of our Talent & Social Media Coordinator, whose performance, project implementation, and career progression you will be managing and supporting.
If you are looking for an opportunity to wear multiple “HR hats” and lead true change for the team, this role is for you.
Your role will include:
- Scope, develop, and lead the Engagement Programme which includes facilitating our annual Best Companies survey, designing and leading focus groups, and managing project teams.
- Proactively working across the business to engage on the People Plan with the Senior Management Team through regular meetings and the wider teams through quarterly HR 121s.
- Working with the business, marketing team and other 3rd parties, drive an attraction strategy, which maintains a consistent delivery of People posts, blogs, and insights and continues to deliver a pipeline of candidates (both for technical and non-technical roles).
- Facilitate a fair, reliable, and valid selection process, which includes conducting interviews, providing feedback, and supporting other hiring managers throughout the process.
- Lead the onboarding and induction process for all new employees.
- Track and review the annual appraisal process to ensure key information
- Submit quarterly reports to the Board outlining progress on HR data and initiatives
- Monitor all other cyclical activity and ensure it is clearly communicated and delivered in line with the HR and business plan.
- Issue and maintain HR policies and documentation.
What you bring:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an HR generalist role within a fast-paced, high growth environment preferably within the Digital space.
- Strong experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with employees.
- Ability to architect various HR strategies and successfully communicate them to key stakeholders in the business.
- Knowledge of employment legislation and best practice.
- Experience conducting research and analysing data.
- Experience in conflict resolution and disciplinary processes.
- CIPD qualified (or working towards) desirable.
More reasons to join us:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Personal development plans
- Private healthcare
- 32 days’ holiday (includes public holidays)
- Meet-ups and social events