We’re on the look out for a QA Tester who will be part of a cross-functional team to test customer projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to budget, and to agreed quality standards. We are a smart, successful agency who truly love technology, solving problems, and making things work. We pride ourselves on delivering technical excellence and we want you to help deliver impressive ecommerce experiences for our customers and their visitors.
You’ll be responsible for exploring solutions for critical bugs, working with the Project Management and Development team to determine what needs testing and why, and ensuring a seamless process of fixing bugs and completing updates. With an opportunity to explore different types of testing in the future and dive into acceptance criteria, this role is perfect for those who take risks, solve problems, and don’t shy away from a challenge.
Day-to-day you will…
- Produce detailed test plans, test scripts, test cases, and test exit reports to ensure the Ampersand standard of delivery of high quality products.
- Ensure test risks and issues are identified, tracked, reported, and resolved within a timely manner.
- Ensure delivery of high quality software products from the test environment through to live deployment.
- Work with Developers to produce high-level test plans.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure appropriate levels of testing are completed for functional and non-functional elements of projects.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to produce appropriate documentation to allow UAT to be completed.
- Organise and manage system tests ensuring testing is fully documented prior to release.
- Develop functional and regression tests, both manually and automated.
- Participate in product and feature design reviews with Developers, Business Analysts, Designers, and Project Managers.
- Provide test coverage analysis.
- Create home-grown tools and scripts to facilitate and support ad-hoc testing.
Who do we look for?
The team has a broad range of abilities and experience. We don’t believe that one-size-fits-all but here are a few things we typically look for in our Testers:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience of formal testing methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to short sprint cycles (2-4 weeks).
- Good understanding of and experience in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both to departmental members, users from the business, and external clients.
- Ability to manage, prioritise, and switch between multiple tasks/projects in a fast paced environment.
- Committed to quality standards, continuous improvement, and promoting a strong culture for testing.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum).
And here are some things we love to see but are not essential:
- Technical related degree/qualification.
- Experience working as a QA Tester within an ecommerce environment.
- Experience of working with automating QA tests, processes, and reports.
- Good working knowledge of web programming technologies.
The good stuff
Our office is based in Blackfriars House, a few minutes’ walk from Deansgate and right in the heart of the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre. Our large, open plan premises boasts a dining room, games area with a pool table and several creative breakout areas to get those ideas flowing!
- 32 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Extra days holiday for every year you work with us.
- Flexible working. For us, this means a mix of remote and office-based each week in a way that best suits you. Please note, right now the entire team is working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Employee discount scheme with Perkbox.
- Aviva Pension Scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- Social Events.