The Service Information and Support team works across a number of disciplines to facilitate Broadcast and Online Service Management to deliver services of a high standard to the BBC. Accountable for Strategy, Processes, Software and Hardware Asset Management Processes and Service Portfolio Management, it is a multifaceted team with responsibility for the way in which services operate and the way in which data and information is used to support Service Delivery.
As a Senior Software Asset Manager, you will;
- Administer the tools and technologies as required to support recording of license entitlement and re-harvesting
- Be accountable for the leading of audits from external vendors to support entitlement
- Respond to queries on entitlement, process and governance
- Write, govern and maintain the processes for SACM and SAM
- Work with governance, performance and reporting to ensure suitable data and status reports are produced on schedule
- Be responsible for implementing service and software asset management policy and standards governing and ensuring maintenance and integrity of the software asset and configuration information including items required to deliver technology services, including their relationship within a Configuration Management Database.
Are you the right candidate?
- Service Delivery/Management experience of Software Asset Management in a complex/large scale internal and external environment.
- Strong influential relationship management skills with stakeholders, colleagues, users and vendors
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Definition and oversight of the governance structures and developing/delivering policy and processes for managing the enterprise computing software asset lifecycle and supporting procurement.
- Tenacity to identify and appropriately manage software non-compliance issues in accordance with the BBC’s IT policy.
- Ability to articulate, formulate, measure and promote the value delivered as a result of governance of IT Software Assets.
- Experience of interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Ability to lead/assist in the management and strategy of software vendor audits.
- Proven track record of influencing the strategic development and daily operation of the BBC Software Asset Management processes
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities to optimise software licences used in the enterprise computing environment.
- Experience of Software Asset Management program development, implementation and delivery.
- ITIL accreditation (to at least foundation level) desirable but not essential.