You’ll be part of the GOV.UK programme, supporting the Deputy Directors and Senior Management team of GOV.UK
This is an opportunity to work within an innovative and exciting area of government that is pioneering new ways of working, and offers valuable exposure to senior stakeholders both inside and outside government.
As a Business Support Officer and Personal Assistant at GDS you will be involve with:
- proactively plan and manage the diaries of the Deputy Directors in line with business
- use initiative, working independently to provide an excellent and consistent service to stakeholders i.e. departments, agencies and external businesses
- ensure efficient and effective use of the Senior Management Team’s time, responding to last minute changes and accommodating unexpected, urgent requests
- liaising with the Director’s private office to complete tasks and support GOV.UK priorities
- coordinate, manage and organise the logistics of meetings and visits, including coordinating availability, checking attendance, and managing cast lists
- ensure that the Senior Management Team is prepared in advance of meetings and events with agendas, relevant information and documents
- develop strong relationships with stakeholders, including officials within the department, in other government departments and external stakeholders
- manage ad hoc work requests from GOV.UK’s private office, in addition to a core workload supporting the SMT
Skills and expertise:
This role suits a motivated and experienced administrator and can offer excellent development opportunities above and beyond the main duties of the role.
You’ll be a reliable and proactive individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment where priorities change, often at very short notice. You’ll be a confident communicator who is comfortable working autonomously and adapts quickly to changing business needs.
We’re interested in people who have:
- demonstrable administration and support skills, with strong attention to detail
- excellent written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate concisely and coherently to a wide variety of audiences
- experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, and in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- demonstrable experience of managing a busy diary and the ability to work with a sense of urgency
- demonstrable experience of handling sensitive information, displaying tact and diplomacy whilst maintaining confidentiality
- the ability to adapt these skills to a digital and agile working
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements as well as Civil Service nationality rules.
**For further details about the key responsibilities of this role and the technical/civil service competencies we are looking for please refer to the attached job description, on our careers page when you click on "Apply".* and via this URL - https://gdscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/xf-930972319091/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/940-Business-Support-Officer-and-Personal-Assistant-to-the-Deputy-Director/en-GB