A unique and inspiring opportunity has arisen to work on a 12 month project for the university whilst being based at one of our key partner organisations - Calderdale Council.
Calderdale Council pride them on being a fulfilling and enjoyable place to work. They know this enthusiasm rubs off on their residents and customers, recognising the crucial role each and every one of their team plays in helping to achieve their goals. By demonstrating their core values and behaviours, you will lead by example to help them shape the next generation of public services.
This exciting project, developed in conjunction with the university, will support Calderdale Council to implement its Digital and ICT strategy across the district with a key emphasis on deploying engagement strategies, providing a key interface between the council and stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is digitally savvy, who has the drive and confidence to utilise these digital skills by drawing on new ideas with a fresh perspective.
The successful candidate will be employed by the University but be based full-time at Calderdale's offices in Halifax, with some travel around the Calderdale region, and to Leeds Beckett University. The role is fixed term for 12 months with real potential for permanent employment on completion of the project. The University will provide mentoring/technical support to the project via an established academic, with support from Leeds Beckett University's Enterprise team, offering a really unique opportunity to harness and grow your skills over the 12 months.
Applicants should have:
* A strong understanding of the digital landscape and application of digital solutions, with particular focus on engagement through digital activity.
* A Bachelor's degree (preferably 2.1) in Marketing, PR, Business or related area.
* Experience of planning, co-ordinating and implementing projects.
* Strong networking skills with experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
* Experience of running small/medium scale events and promotional activities
Applications will be considered from final year students who will have received their final results by the time their employment commences.