Do you possess experience configuring and integrating end user applications?
Are you interested in improving efficiency and user experience through better performing applications?
Would you like to be part of an inspiring collaborative culture?
What you’ll do
This role exists within the End User Services team, in CDL’s Software engineering department. The team is responsible for supporting and improving all areas of IT applications/services for the internal CDL userbase. This role specifically will be focused on making changes and supporting the M365 Power Platform and other associated applications. It will be suiting of someone who has perhaps come up through the ranks in support all the way to 3rd line, then taken the next steps to start looking more under the hood of the applications they support, to get a more in-depth view of how they work. That said other backgrounds and experience will be considered. You’ll relish the opportunity to improve end user experience and are driven to constantly enhance applications and add efficiencies through integration. Working with the lead application analyst and the rest of the squad to drive forward key business projects. You’ll contribute to planning, technical conversations and delivery of these projects. Given the ever-changing business requirements and priorities, what you’ll work on will vary greatly from project to project. You’ll need to be someone that can take specific direction on requirements but be creative and with enough initiative to technically deliver on those requirements by yourself.
- Constant improvement and making changes to the M365 and Azure platforms
- Contributing to the creation of detailed solution design documents with the other analysts
- Assisting colleagues in the support team to achieve agreed service levels and acting as times as a point of escalation for complex incidents/problems around the M365/Azure platforms
- Automating and adding efficiencies in everything we do. This can be automation requests or seeking out automations that will make the business more efficient
- Development, promotion and implementation of standards and working practices to improve service quality and performance of the applications under our ownership
- Working with the other analysts and the EUS manager to contribute to project plans and carrying out assigned tasks
- You’ll be expected to help mentor other EUS team members to bring them onboard with any changes we are making or new application deployments, so they are familiar enough to support these
- Identify and implement research and development projects, so we are constantly making sure we are on the cutting edge of what technology is available to us
- To ensure all project deliverables meet end user expectations and company quality standards.
- Take ownership and drive personal development with input from EUS manager
- Contribution towards continuous improvement of working practices within the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- IT related educational background preferably degree level, but other vocational qualifications and experience will be considered
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose technical problems quickly
- Strong analytical skills and capability
- Experience implementing enterprise applications across multiple business areas
- Experience of coaching and mentoring team members on technical knowledge
- Experience communicating & negotiating with end users
- Strong experience working with all Microsoft 365 applications and an understanding of the Microsoft 365 architecture.
- Strong experience using Power Automate, PowerApps and Data verse
- Experience using Dynamics 365
- Experience using Microsoft Azure (including Azure AD)
- Experience using PowerShell commands
- Experience with REST APIs & JSON (Preferred)
- Experience using Service Now/Jira (preferred)
CDL are one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, we are a privately owned company that has experienced continuous year on year growth and we employ over 600 people at our campus in Stockport. We are a certified UK top employer by the Top Employers Institute and are constantly striving to provide our employees with the best working environment and conditions. We have a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. We have spearheaded development in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled our customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
- Top employer for 5th year running
- Flexible hours
- Flexible working – upon returning to our office at the earliest of November 2021, we will be offering a hybrid model of split office and remote working. We would require people to work in the office for 2 days over a fortnightly period.
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer bbq, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms