Senior UX Content Strategist
The Covea UX and UI team ensure the customer is kept at the heart of everything we create, by understanding their needs and designing products around them. We ensure Covea Digital are delivering a delightful customer experience as a minimum.
The UX and UI team at Covea has grown significantly over the past 12 months with new roles in both UX and UI being created, as well as the formation of a UX Research team alongside a fully equipped in-house UX Research Lab and observation suite.
Now we are looking for a passionate, talented UX Content Strategist to join the team and help us change the perception of insurance and realise our vision of being a world class UX and Research team who cultivate insight led, inclusive, innovative and disruptive digital experiences for all.
From day 1, you’ll be able to contribute to the Covéa Insurance purpose which is ‘To help people protect against the worst happening and put it right if it does’.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Responsible for creating UX content strategy and delivering delightful, intuitive, intelligent and consistent customer centric content across our digital products. This is not a marketing role.
- Understands and advocates for content and user experience strategy
- Working with designers, engineers, product owners, marketing content writers, business stakeholders and end-users to create engaging experiences for customers and colleagues.
- Confidently present and justify UX content strategy to business stakeholders whilst taking on-board constructive criticism and challenging subjective opinions
- Use your in-depth knowledge of the content strategy to deliver best in class digital products whilst working collaboratively an agile environment
- Work with the UX Research team to understand customer behaviour and identify areas of opportunity by regularly attending usability testing sessions
- Coach and mentor junior team members and take an active part in running agile ceremonies
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience
Customer experience (everyone)
- Make sure that you treat all our customers with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with
Doing the right thing (everyone)
- Act with integrity, due care, skill and diligence
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements, Covéa Insurance policies, regulatory requirements and observes proper standards of market conduct
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering)
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager)
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with current Data Protection laws, and other related legislation
- If required, you will be open and cooperative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
What would we like to see in you?
We are looking for someone with demonstratable experience of not only creating strong UX content strategy through to delivery of quality assets, but someone who will really champion user experience and the importance of customer centric design and content to the wider business.
Essential (only put things in this category that you’d be prepared to stand up in court and justify)
- ü A creative thinker with a strong command of the English language and excellent copywriting skills that focus on usability
- ü Highly creative and passionate about UX content and design
- ü Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies as well as SEO
- ü Strong communication and presentation skills
- ü Proactive self-starter
- ü Empathetic view of customers
- ü Keen to help others grow
- ü Be able to celebrate failure as well as success
Experience and knowledge
- ü Demonstrable knowledge of producing and delivering UX Content Strategy
- ü Experience of creating content which is both user centric and search engine optimised
- ü Experience of leading projects & managing stakeholders
- ü Experience of working closely with UX design teams
Nice to have
- ü Experience of working with and contributing to Design Systems
- ü Previous experience in a mentoring capacity
Experience and knowledge
- ü Experience of working with UX researchers and remote / lab-based usability testing
- ü Knowledge and experience of working in insurance
- ü Degree in a relevant field such as English, Journalism, Communications HCI or Design
What’s on offer? (describe the development opportunities here)
- Excellent salary
- Flexible working
- Access to online learning resources and specific courses tailored to your development
- Be an active part of shaping the future of the UX team