We're creating a great place to work by offering:
• An environment with flexible working options including flexi-time with no core hours
• Learning and development tailored to your role and a personal L&D budget
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance up to 30 days after 5 years of service
• Modern and effective collaboration tools
• A wide variety of staff support networks including a Women's Network, BAME Network, Wellbeing Network and many more
• Opportunity to share learning and experience with other service designers within DfE’s service design community
It’s important to us that we recruit from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds – bringing different perspectives, diversity of thought and experiences to our work.
The role will be based in the Schools Commercial team. Schools Commercial aim to support schools to get value for money from their non-staff spend on goods and services by understanding the problems schools have accessing value in different markets and designing, testing and delivering initiatives to address them. Find out more in the School Buying Strategy
As a Content Designer, you will:
• Create, iterate and manage content to meet user needs using analytics, user feedback, user research and other sources of information
• Contribute to content principles, improvements and patterns
• Create content for services, ensuring content meets evidenced user needs and delivers high levels of satisfaction from users
• Develop content strategies and apply content strategies in own work
• Manage relationships with subject matter experts to gain understanding and make sure content is factually accurate
• Create high quality and accurate content within available timeframes based on insight and recommendations from user testing, ensuring content is optimised for search where applicable
• Manage appropriate checking and handling prior to publishing
• Monitor the performance of content and services and make recommendations for improvements based on users’ needs
• Work with colleagues in other parts of government to identify user needs, write and map user journeys and design content to meet users’ needs
It is essential that you have:
• Experience of creating, iterating and managing user-centred content
• Experience of taking complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
• Experience of working closely with stakeholders to understand their issues, whilst maintaining content quality and managing expectations
• Experience of using analytics, user feedback, user research and other sources of information to improve content
• Experience of working with content publishing systems, as well as Markdown or basic HTML
• Project management capability, including the ability to coordinate a number of projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
• You have an understanding of agile approaches and experience of working in agile teams
It is desirable that you have:
• An understanding of procurement processes across a variety of categories of goods or services
• Knowledge of Government Digital Services design guidance
Desirable criteria will only be assessed in the event of a tie break situation to make an informed decision
You will be assessed at sift through your CV and Statement of Suitability. Please align your CV and statement to the essential criteria in the responsibilities section of the advert , and tell us why you're passionate about working for DfE Digital.
We will assess both the statement and CV inline with the essential criteria as listed in the responsibilities section of the advert.
If we receive a high number of applications we will be sifting on the first three essential criteria.
If invited to interview you will be asked to discuss applicable work examples in relation to the essential criteria.
You will be asked to complete a 10 minute content design presentation based on a task or examples of your past work. Candidates will be given more detail on this prior to the interview.
At the interview we will ask you experience based questions. We will ask open-ended questions to which we are seeking answers/evidence of essential, previous skills, and experience.
Desirable criteria will only be used in the event of a tie to make an informed decision.
Sifting and interview dates are to be confirmed. Interviews will be facilitated over video call through Microsoft Teams.