Please send a link to an up to date portfolio with your application:
Design Cloud is changing the way that businesses work with graphic designers. We’re bucking the trend of traditional graphic design agencies by offering a unique flat-rate subscription service powered by cloud-based software, exceptional customer support and a rapidly expanding team of friendly, positive and ambitious creatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a next-generation, fast-paced creative business located in Spinningfields, Manchester (currently working remotely). We have an international client base spanning across music and festivals, insurance, real estate, recruitment, finance, construction and more.
We’re looking for next-level creative talent with grit and determination to join us on our journey to becoming the No.1 graphic design subscription service in Europe.
As a Design Cloud designer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality graphic design assets across a diverse set of daily requests from our varied client base.
In a typical day, you could be working on everything from graphics for online and offline advertising campaigns, website and app prototypes, designing presentations for sales pitches, social media content, photo editing, amending or creating brochures, designing merchandise and more…
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Communicating directly with customers through our platform and Slack
- Executing daily graphic design requests from client briefs
- Ensure requests are being executed to a high standard and on time
- Reviewing and proofreading your own work for accuracy and quality control
- Pitching in with design ideas for Design Cloud advertising and marketing campaigns
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Friendly, positive attitude with a can-do mentality and hunger to develop new skills in graphic design.
- Minimum of 2yrs experience in the creative industry. Either working for an agency, as an in-house graphic designer or as a successful freelancer who wants to move into a more secure role.
- Razor-sharp, diverse portfolio of graphic design work
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. (You will be asked to demonstrate your design skills as part of the interview process)
- Ability to quickly and accurately respond to briefs. The majority of client design requests require a rapid turnaround and all requests must be delivered to a high standard. (You will be asked to demonstrate your ability to read a brief and tested on how quickly you can produce a draft as part of the interview process)
- Highly organised with an exceptional eye for detail and passion for current and future design trends
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to proof-read your own work before sending back to clients
- Experience in communicating directly with clients is desired but not essential.
- Possess the ability to look up and learn how to do new things if you’re unsure or have questions.
How Design Cloud will help your career
Due to the diversity of the design requests you’ll be working through on a daily basis, you will develop an invaluable set of skills that will level-up your design career in many ways:
- You’ll supercharge your skills further and learn about styling, typography and layouts for designs across multiple commercial markets in a short space of time.
- You’ll enhance your skills in time and project management as you will be required to work with multiple clients simultaneously.
- We have regular team collaboration meetings (currently via Zoom) to discuss design ideas and trends, review work amongst each other and give constructive feedback to help each other develop further
- Manchester city centre office* (Currently working remotely)
- Apple Computer
- Quarterly team socials/nights out (When it is safe to do so in the future)
- Exciting, fast-paced, fun and friendly working environment
- 28 days paid annual leave (Including bank holidays) + your birthday off
- Opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company with a rapidly expanding client base and ambitions to become the leading subscription-based graphic design service in Europe.
- Nest pension scheme
- Salary £18,000 – £23,000 (Depending on experience)
Reference ID: DC001