As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Distology, you’ll be focusing on multi-cloud security and will play a really important role:
- In our Solutions Engineering team, as a subject matter expert and mentor to the other team members.
- For the wider non-technical teams at Distology & our IT Channel partners, as an educator who simplifies technology topics.
- With our partners’ customers supporting them through their solution selection journey
- And with our technology vendors (supporting them to become part of our cybersecurity story & by listening to their needs).
Our multi-cloud security portfolio is focused on bringing advice and guidance to our channel partners and their end customers to secure their digital presence across multiple, cloud-based platforms. Multi-cloud security covers identity security, network security, application security, data assurance (security & protection), and resource visibility (including risk posture management). It doesn’t matter to us whether you’re an expert in this today – we really just want you to be excited to learn and then passionate to educate others about it!
Invest yourself in us and we invest in you
As you invest your skills and experience in us, we will support you to build your cybersecurity career, as our progression pathways support you to develop cybersecurity skills and knowledge in the areas that interest you the most. Whether you lead deeper into the solutions engineering track you join, move into technical implementation work, or into technical and solution architecture, or into team management; joining us at Distology is a job for today and a career for the future.
Distology As for us?
Distology is an award-winning, vibrant, enthusiastic, and fast-growing technology company based in Stockport with bold ambitions for growth over the next 3 years. We specialise in representing new and emerging cloud-based cyber security solutions across EMEA and we’re great at breathing new life into well-established vendors looking to reboot their presence too! We’re a specialist IT distributor with difference – that means we sell cybersecurity solutions to channel partners, who sell them to their customers as part of a solution to an IT challenge. What’s the “difference” – everyone at Distology specialises heavily in a cybersecurity subject and then we use that specialisation to teach our channel partners and support them on calls with their customers where needed so that they’re more successful.
How do we know we’re doing the right things?
Led by Role Model & Woman of the Year 2021 (CRN Women in Channel Awards), Hayley Roberts, we’ve also won awards for our outstanding levels of service and support to our channel reseller partners and vendor technology providers, including CRN’s Distributor of the Year 2019, Cloud Distributor of the Year 2020 and CRN’s Women in Channel Gender Parity Award 2020.
Our success is only down to the dedicated, passionate, and talented people within our team, who each identify with and embody our values: positivity, innovation, trusted expertise, ambition, and agility in their approach to work every day. Everyone also feeds off the energy of working in our fast-paced, varied, and vibrant environment too. We’d love you in this role if this all resonates with you too. What else? Well, this is an outward-facing role, so you really need to be comfortable and enjoy getting in front of people - from entry-level sales to tech teams, and even C-Level audiences.
Is this role right for you?
We invite you now to demonstrate how you embody our company values and how you will work collaboratively within the whole Distology team – that’s sales, marketing, services, operations, and finance. And you must want to and be comfortable to work in a fast-paced, varied, and vibrant environment. What we expect you to do and achieve in the role:
- Grow to be a subject matter expert in multi-cloud security and, by working closely with your colleagues, you’ll also build a working understanding of the solutions in workspace security and cybersecurity operations.
- Problem solve and make recommendations bespoke to partners’, vendors’ and end customers’ needs.
- Play a key role in the sales cycle, supporting our sales account managers, vendor managers, and channel partner teams with the combination of your personality and your technical expertise, including providing product presentations, product demonstrations, technical solution consultation.
- Build a great professional network within your partners, vendors and end customers.
- Create technical demo environments to showcase your technologies to both customers and partners.
- Work with the sales and solutions engineering team to help enable partners to sell and demonstrate Distology’s technical stack.
- Obtain and maintain required product and supplier certifications.
- Working both within a team and independently.
Experience we need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar degree) or a minimum of 4 years in technical presales/teaching/instruction roles.
- Understanding of cybersecurity technologies and best practices.
- Experience of Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory and Office 365.
- Experience using Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, and /or Google Cloud Platform.).
- Experience in delivering technical presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in delivering product/technical demonstrations.
- The ability to talk around a technical subject with a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
Experience that we would like you to have:
- Identity Access Management (IAM) solutions.
- Network security knowledge.
- Web application & API security.
- Data assurance knowledge, including security and protection (backup/recovery).
- Experience of software development at some level.
What we need from you now and throughout your time with us:
- You’re a self-starter who can quickly take ownership of your role.
- You have a positive and pro-active mentality with a desire to learn and grow.
- You’re good with people and can build relationships with anyone you work with.
- You are highly organised in balancing your day-to-day work and learning.
- You have a real passion for learning, and you want to grow your own knowledge and support your teammates too.
- You are comfortable leading a room across a variety of audiences in different scenarios.
Because we value our people, our benefits are aimed to help us look after you and for you to look after yourself:
- Excellent holiday package including the ability to buy/sell holidays, carry over and accrue with service.
- Health & wellbeing, including health & life assurance and employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Learning & development investment in your personal & professional growth.
- Quarterly business awards for performance including a quarterly incentive event for the winners.
- Flexible working hours
We love to introduce people from all backgrounds to our team because it makes our business stronger through greater diversity of thought and life experience. So, if you share in our values then, we would love to hear from you.
Distology is committed to building a community where everyone belongs, and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Distology is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities to all.
Distology is an inclusive community, and we know that everyone has their own needs. Therefore, if you have any requirements during the interview process, please let our people team know. Your message will be confidential, and we will be happy to assist you.