As an AWS Cloud Architect you’ll engage with senior stakeholders for our Engineering Centre - GlobalLogic and internal client teams to lead technical design, automate build and delivery of cloud solutions often covering a range of Cloud and associated technologies. Migrating business technology capability into the cloud adaptability.
We help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
About the role:
• Contribute to and provide leadership qualities in the development and deployment of Cloud technologies with focus in at least one area of subject matter expertise.
• Work individually and as part of a team to carry out end-to-end implementation of Cloud based technologies (public, private and hybrid).
• Follow, promote and review system designs and standards.
• Undertake Cloud based solutions activities driving architecture, process and management best practice.
• Identify risks within major designs and direct follow up remediation activities
• Produce and present clear, consistent technical and management documentation.
• Advise and assist clients in developing Cloud technology roadmaps.
• Regularly undertake complex and/or critical consultative engagements, to a senior management level.
• Assist sales teams in qualifying and advising on Cloud technology opportunities.
• Provide support and technical leadership to the bid teams in the creation and delivery of client bids.
• Confidently scope complex and critical projects as well as (high level and detailed) deliverables.
• Act as a mentor to staff members within multiple disciplines.
About you (ideally):
• Work in an agile, collaborative manor and be adaptable to changing scenarios
• Ability to have to discussions with stakeholders to advise on their cloud journey and suggest best practices
• Ability to challenge the ideas and solutions of others respectfully and accept criticism
• Strong experience deploying Infrastructure-as-Code e.g. CloudFormation and/or Troposphere in an enterprise environment
• Architectural design and deployment skills for enterprise AWS Cloud technologies (public, private and hybrid) into complex environments
• Excellent knowledge of high availability and backup/recovery solutions.
• Excellent technical design, performance improvement and service alignment skills.
• Experience around business critical and business continuity solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of conveying ideas and applying knowledge to challenging tasks.
• Experience with AWS Cloud technologies
• Project experience with Key AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, Amazon Connect, CloudWatch, IAM, AWS Config
• Proven experience designing, building and testing Cloud based technologies in a large enterprise/service provider environment.
• Analysing overall requirements, scoping work packages, recommending suitable technologies and approaches.
• Technical leadership in an end-to-end project.
• Experience of Agile project management methodologies
• Coaching and mentoring staff within own discipline.
• Technical workshop design & facilitation.
• Proven background in managing and delivering to customer expectations.
• Strong Understanding of scripting tools e.g. Python, Ansible, Terraform
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies “build the exceptional” and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path.
You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
Why work at GlobalLogic. Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering our people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career.
Our region also supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by our business, customer and individual needs. You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), and discounted gym memberships. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors - https://www.techtalentcharter.co.uk/.