WHAT TO EXPECT
The JLR Mobile development team is looking for great and passionate Android developers who will be able to aid in the delivery, support and maintenance of top-quality mobile products to a global userbase. These products will be developed using Kotlin and will target a variety of Google platforms and app targets.
- Full time native Android/Kotlin/Java developer working out of our Manchester office.
- Collaborate directly with product management, design, QA and engineering to define and implement new and innovative solutions for the road ahead.
- Develop products that communicate either directly or indirectly with existing Jaguar Land Rover vehicles to provide compelling user experiences.
- Work on both new and existing products whose codebases encompass a variety of technologies and implementation methods.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Developing robust, high quality native Android apps and frameworks written in Kotlin.
- Working as a member of an agile team, in both Scrum and Kanban environments, contributing to team ceremonies and planning.
- Working closely with our UI/UX teams to implement high quality mobile first designs that feel native to the Android platform.
- Maintain quality and performance of in-development and released products through bug fixing, peer reviews, automated testing and documentation.
- Improving your own skills and understanding of mobile development by working alongside senior developers, taking on responsibilities, and questioning existing standards and practices.
- Experience of developing production Android apps in Kotlin or Java
- An understanding of modern app architectures such as MVP or MVVM and the use of dependency managers.
- Solid experience with Google’s Android Studio IDE, and a familiarity with defining interfaces.
- Ability to work with Git, CI Systems and management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful APIs, with an understanding of socket communication.
- An understanding of Test-Driven Development.
- An aptitude for problem solving and an openness to learning new skills and technologies.