Within our Altrincham office, we are looking for a Technical Author to join #TeamGreen.
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. Matillion’s Technical Authors research, design, create and maintain high quality documentation to support our customers in their effective use of Matillion ETL.
Maintenance And Updating of Documentation
- Ensure - by fact-checking, review and response to feedback - that all documentation is up-to-date and correct.
- Preparing updates in concurrence with the product development cycle so as to deliverup-to-date documentation immediately upon new releases.
Authoring Digital Content
- The creation of new customer-facing documentation and technical articles to be displayed on the product support sites.
- Working with other teams to understand customer needs and devising content to answer those needs.
- Both via the CRM (Desk.com) and via source code of the product (via Mercurial).
Research of New Concepts
- Coordinating with development team members to properly understand additions to the product.
- Independent understanding of 3rd party services and how they can be used within the product.
- Understanding how others deliver content and finding improved ways to deliver our own.
- Working toward content deadlines and ensuring your own progress toward set goals.
- Coordinating with other technical authors and content creators to prioritise immediate tasks and establish a list of essential tasks for upcoming releases.
- Independently prioritising and taking ownership of upcoming tasks.
Organisation And Bookkeeping
- Contributing to the structuring of documentation tasks via responsible use of JIRA (ticketing system).
- Working with Marketing teams to keep customers informed of technical improvements and additions to the product.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Essential
- Strong command of the English language, particularly in written form.
- Experience in writing public-facing material of a didactic nature.
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms - particularly AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience using popular cloud-based databases such as Redshift, BigQuery or Snowflake.
- Experience working with ETL processes.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required - Desired
- Experience working with Software-As-A-Service (SAAS)
- Experience working to a deadline and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with media-creation software such as video and image editors.
- Experience using Salesforce as a CMS (Salesforce Preferred).
- Some programming experience (Python preferred).
- Use of JIRA to track work requests
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- A relaxed demeanour capable of reacting to changing workloads without anxiety.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use language to bridge differences in technical knowledge.
- Independent attitude and the initiative to pick up and complete tasks.
- A personal drive to be prolific, write about cloud technology and create media for public consumption.
- Capable of giving/receiving constructive criticism with eloquence and diplomacy in resolving conflicting opinions on how a task should be resolved.