The role of Consumer Contact Team (CCT) is to support the interests of citizens/consumers in accordance with the Communications Act 2003 & Online Safety Bill.
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of this role is to assist consumers contacting Ofcom regarding Online Safety issues. You will collate complaints information through multiple channels (phone, web, email and Social Media) and provide complainants with advice on how best to take forward their issue.
We aim to deliver best-in-class customer service with a consistent feel and professional approach, supported by business processes and an induction training framework that represent industry best practice.
- Ensure high quality responses to phone, white mail, email, webform and social media contacts
- Manage own workload assessing the relevance and nature of each contact and deal with it as appropriate
- Accurately record consumer information and complaint details to feed into wider business reporting
- Meet and exceed business, written & quality KPI’s
- Provide excellent customer service to citizens and consumers for complaints and enquires relating to Online Safety issues.
- Complete any other adhoc requests that are in line with your skill and capability.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of using and engaging across multiple platforms e.g. Phone, Twitter, Facebook, Webchat
- Effective conflict resolution skills and experience of handling consumer complaints and enquiries
- Attention to detail – experience of complaint categorisation and writing concise case notes
- Must be comfortable working towards challenging quality targets
- Ability to build and expand on sector knowledge
- Team Player - Strong interpersonal and communication skills within a small team
- Flexibility and ability to act on own initiative
- Experience of using Salesforce an advantage