We are seeking a Head of Web Development who will play a vital role in developing and delivering our leading healthcare platform by utilising modern web technologies. This is an exciting role for someone who likes to be hands on day to day and wants to developer there leadership experience further.
You will enjoy overseeing projects from conception to implementation, designing and developing web architecture, and providing guidance on technical issues.
You will be comfortable working within a team, have a keen eye for detail, and have excellent organizational skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Web Development Manager should have strong leadership qualities, be able to provide guidance and support, and be highly accurate.
If you are looking for a role where you can a serious impact on the future of health tech, then this role could be for you!
- You will be an engaging leader whilst still rolling your sleeves up and being hands on in delivering our product. Meaning your day to day will be split between managing the team and getting your hands dirty in the code.
- You’ll be involved in planning and keeping track of progress alongside our product owners/product managers.
- You will enjoy defining development standards and ensuring they are upheld. Making sure we are ever evolving and advocating best practise across the department and in the community.
- You’ll be comfortable reporting project status to key stakeholders
- You’ll be responsible for delegating development work accordingly throughout the team
- Release management; ensuring code is checked and to standard before release. Provide release notes and distribute to VP of Engineering and other relevant stakeholders
- Deployment, manage roll back procedures and oversee deployment
- You will be responsible for the recruitment of developers into your team
- Demonstratable experience leading teams, working alongside the wider tech department and the business
- Strong stakeholder management - you will need to be able to communicate with varying levels of people across the business effectively
- Extensive experience of delivering HTML, CSS, Typescript code for commercial applications
- Extensive experience developing & delivering Angular applications, utilising RXjs
- Experience of delivering application through CI/CD with AWS and/or Azure
- Promoter of good practice through Agile
- Experience with source control
- Demonstratable experience with unit testing
- WebRTC video integration
- Experience working with SASS and mixins
- Experience working with grunt / gulp task runners and Node
- Web sockets/SignalR
- Experience of building accessible applications
- Experience working with nrwl.io/nx.io
- Knowledge of effective UX design
- Autonomy - Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Influence - Influences team and specialist peers internally. Influences customers at account level and suppliers. Has some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources. Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- Complexity - Performs a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex problems.
- Business skills - Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications. Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives. Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures. Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively. Has a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development.
Push Doctor is a multi-award-winning digital health company that enables you to have a video consultation with a GP within 6 minutes on any device. We’re growing at a phenomenal pace and we’re looking for amazing people to join us on our game-changing adventure to make millions of people healthier and happier.
You will be firmly hands-on with most of your time working with designers, developers and testers to deliver high quality scalable applications to support product delivery. You will be excited to work in a high-growth organisation, eager to rise to the challenge.
Push Dr Values:
We are curious, caring and passionate. We have experienced healthcare ourselves and use research and insight to understand the aspects of healthcare we have yet to experience. Whenever empathy seems out of reach, we are proactive in bringing it into focus.
We carve the path for others to follow, setting industry standards and transforming healthcare for the better. We are anything but new to this and have so much to be proud of. Together, we are unstoppable.
Everything we do should add value to our service. We optimise and occasionally overhaul every aspect of the experience we provide, challenging expectations of what health can (and should) be. This isn’t something that happens overnight, so we need to be resilient and never lose faith.
Benefits & Additional information
- Competitive Salary
- In house gym
- Ping Pong table
- Free snacks / food / drinks / fruit in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Working from Home Policy
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- EAP helpline
- Meditation app - Headspace