The role: Junior Designer
We solve problems that actually matter
Reason Digital is a unique and special place to be. As one of our Design team, you'd be working every day with charities and other pro-social organisations to change the world for the better through design.
Joining our team means working on a diverse range of inspiring and life-changing digital projects. Rather than spending our time selling more stuff on the internet, we build digital tools, like this:
- A chatbot to provide support to young people at risk of being groomed or exploited
- An app that helps parents and carers of children with serious illnesses, to better manage their complex medicinal routines
- Web-based peer to peer platform, which helps those in need to apply for the benefits they require and deserve
The work we do makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier. Join our team of digital heroes today.
We are now a remote-first workplace
There’s no doubt about it - It’s a strange time to be hiring. Like many others, our team has worked remotely for six months now, and we’re proud to say that we’re still delivering beautiful and impactful work that changes lives.
As a result we’re opening up to a new way of working. Reason Digital is now a remote-first organisation. This means:
- We still have a lovely office space in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, and when it is safe to return, we'll offer this as a collaboration space or a base to work from depending on your needs.
- We are flexible with how people choose to work; full-time remote working, or part-time remote working.
The role: Junior Designer
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000
We’re looking for a person who believes that digital should be used to solve problems that actually matter.
Someone that can articulate how design can be used to help people, not just serve customers. Someone who thrives working with external partners and a project team around them. Someone who wants to design for social change, and a genuine commitment towards our cause and our work.
The ideal candidate will have started to work on digital design challenges, will relish the idea of agency work and solving a huge range of problems for a diverse set of clients.
- Direct design, user experience and facilitation work on our projects and products
- Continuous development of our tools, process and culture
- Help to plan and participate in internal & external workshops and Sprints
- Work with clients (with support from the team) on each project
We're looking for someone who's interested in developing new strengths and experience, but here are some of the areas that we feel are particularly important to the role. You don't need to have direct experience of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work we do.
- Plan your time and give accurate estimates to contribute to proposals and pitches
- Web Design, App Design
- UX Methods and Delivery
- Working with Sketch and Invision
- Working in an agency environment; juggling multiple projects and stakeholders
Tech for Good
- Working in the non-profit or social good sector is not essential, but we would like to see experience of designing for social change
Delivers a great Client Experience
- A good professional manner
- Aims to discover, understand and deliver best outcomes through inclusive conversations
- Keen to understand the context and project constraints that frame design problems
- Ready to provide both digital design and UX research
- Works well within a multi-discipline project team; works to deadlines and dependencies
- Understand and works to the needs of all stakeholders
- Reads the room - listens to people and adjusts communication style to suit; capable of inspiring and building narrative
- Able to plan and participate in workshops and consultation
- Takes and gives feedback in an open and positive way
Works towards continuous improvement
- Keen to try out new methods, techniques and technologies for the benefit of the team and clients.
Has self awareness & empathy
- Has strong convictions loosely held; confident in abilities but always open to learning
- High level of emotional intelligence; able to gives, receive and act on radically candid feedback