Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is seeking a versatile Quality Assurance Engineer (Black box) to test software and hardware for major product releases. Verify certification requirements from Roku’s main content partners on new Roku products. Execute manual and automated tests. Identify issues, work with engineering to troubleshoot issues and represent QA concerns in meetings with cross-functional project team members. Use written and organizational skills to perform an effective and organized test process to report certification readiness.
What you’ll be doing
- Run pre-certification tests for Netflix, BBC and other streaming partners on Roku platforms
- Execute functional manual and automated testing on multiple products
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause
- Provide bug reports with a high-level of detail
- Record all test results for each test suite and provide a high-level status summary
- Continually seek new ways to challenge software under test
- Setup different configurations including HDMI / HDCP, Wi-Fi networks / routers, audio / video streaming file types
- Offer new ideas and fresh perspectives to the software test approach within the organisation
We’re excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience as a QA engineer
- Solid knowledge and experience of writing and executing QA test plans
- Knowledge of test management tools such as Jira, Confluence and TestRail
- Sound understanding of development processes and working in an Agile environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stellar research and documentation skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
Our unique culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humour. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Roku has a global scope and footprint befitting our mission. For an overview of who we are and how we’ve grown, take a look at our fact sheet before you apply