Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku Services has an opening for a Senior Full Stack Engineer in Manchester. As a Senior Full StackEngineer, you will be responsible for leading, and ensuring that Roku best practices and methodologies are applied to the design, development and operations. You’ll join the Roku TV Platform team responsible for developing various iterations of Roku firmware versions across multiple international partner platforms including channel applications unique to each respective platform. This includes backend API development, customisations for partners, as well as Front End Development, and full CI/CD, deployed into the Cloud. You will assess TV cloud tools with responsibilities to improve software-defined network maturity and drive efficiencies through automation.You will be responsible to provide technical guidance and leadership internally and to partner teams to drive solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Determine the strategic and tactical direction of the Back-end architecture and middle-ware services
- Code, test, document and deliver highly scalable and reliable platform services and components that create the foundation of the core web application platforms.
- Suggest tools, cloud-based technologies/services and best practices to improve the site stability, performance and quality
- Continually seeking ways to optimize and streamline Roku's web application platform to facilitate a seamless implementation experience for our developers and partners
- Participate in an Agile development process, including scoping, technical design, estimation effort, coding, testing, debugging, code reviews, maintenance and support
- Handling CICD, deployments & containerization of application.
- Software development of back-end micro-services along with some development of front-end too using test-driven development & ATDD.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to achieve customer delight
- Designing and implementing front-end components
- Implement Microservices / REST API Best Practices
- System Design
- Code Reviews
- CICD integration, Deployments
- Inner sourcing Contribution
- On Call rotation
- At least 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Java, Spring Boot, Gradle, Maven, RESTful APIs, OAuth2, JWT, Docker, CICD
- At least 2-year experience with cloud computing & dockerization (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 2+ years’ experience with SQL / No-SQL DB.
- At least 2-year experience with CICD, GIT, GITLAB, Jenkins
- At least 2 years of Tech Lead experience
- 2+ year experience with monitoring & dashboard tools ELK/Grafana, Splunk, Datadog or New Relic
- System Design experience is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in AWS, Python
- 4+ years of experience in open-source frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices