We are looking for someone who has a successful track record in managing effective IT support systems.
Supporting our workforce of 900 people in multiple service locations you will be managing our small IT support team and will report to the Head of Digital. We need our IT systems to meet the changing needs of our internal and external stakeholders who include our workforce, commissioners, donors and the people we support. You will deliver excellent service, solve underlying problems and improve systems reliability and availability.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Act as a primary contact to deliver effective day to day IT support, line managing two IT support officers.
- Ensure best practices and processes are adopted across the IT support team for the consistent delivery of services and projects. This includes installing, configuring, upgrading and repairing systems where necessary.
- Manage network security.
- Provide support for new releases, upgrades and deployments.
- Maintain all documentation for deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and problem resolution activities.
- Manage compliance with security settings, company policies and user access levels Perform root cause analysis of infrastructure problems and develop resolution plans.
- Perform incident analysis and suggest action items.
- Conduct effective risk assessments and develop mitigation plans.
- Produce service reports in a standard format in an agreed timeframe.
- Supervise and direct team members for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Conduct team meetings on regular basis to discuss about project issues and status.
- Work with the team to develop problem management and service improvement plans.
- Improve the delivery of accurate management information to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in staff training and performance evaluation.
- Ensure the IT support team works to effective standards in service level agreements.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures and reviewed and updated and are in line with best practices for relevant disciplines.
- Contribute effectively to good data governance following effective information / GDPR and other legislative frameworks and processes.
- All staff are expected to work in a flexible way and tasks that have not been covered in the job description may have to be undertaken.
- Several years’ experience in an IT Support Management Solid technical background.
- Experienced in Windows, Office and Network application maintenance.
- The ability to communicate technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Hands on experience of help desk software.
- Customer service oriented.
- Conversant in ITIL processes, procedures and roles.
- Relevant technical qualifications.
- Full clean driving licence.