You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with, and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will involve the support of people’s growth, developing our capabilities, recruiting, and staffing projects. You will be looking both to contribute to the company and to grow personally. Our reputation is fundamental to our business, so our culture emphasizes quality, reliability and respect. As a privately-held company owned by past and present employees, and run by engineers, Zuhlke takes a long-term view.
About the Role
As a Technical Architect you will be responsible for translating complex requirements into functional architecture. Your knowledge of modern, practical architecture and leadership skills will help teams design and evolve solutions bringing exciting technology to life. We’d also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex software development lifecycles.
Your job will include:
- Taking a leadership role for complex projects and programmes, helping our clients understand what they really need, and building high quality systems to satisfy those needs.
- Being responsible for providing support as well as architecture and project governance for in-flight project delivery teams from discovery, through delivery, and during end of project and client transition.
- Working collaboratively with clients and colleagues, both in the UK and across the Zuhlke Group
- Working closely with the UK Head of Architecture to use your broad range of skills and breadth of experience in guiding and mentoring colleagues in projects, contributing to group-wide initiatives, strengthening the architect community and continuously improving our architecture and engineering practices.
- Leading reviews at project completion to identify blueprints, patterns, techniques or approaches, that can be distilled into reusable assets for our Solution Library and to develop and maintain the tech-radar.
Skills & Requirements:
- We are looking for a Technical Architect with a strong technical background who has gone on develop into a knowledgeable and capable architect, with broad experience in delivering strategic solutions in challenging environments.
- Whilst there won’t be an expectation for you to take on hands-on engineering roles, you have continued to keep your technical knowledge up-to-date with current and new trends in technologies, platforms, tools, techniques, and project delivery practices.
- You have successfully delivered a wide-range of projects and programmes across more than one industry sectors, such as Finance, Government, Health Care, Energy and Utilities, always understanding the unique constraints and risk-landscape within a client organisation and sector.
- You have proven your excellent leadership, communication and client-facing skills in various projects working confidently and collaboratively with stakeholders across technical, business and management levels.
- You understand agile delivery culture and methodologies, whilst being comfortable working other delivery approaches as appropriate to the client and/or situation.
- You have experience with a number of architectural frameworks, and techniques, and are flexible in applying the right approach appropriate to the situation and the client and project needs using a risk-led approach to architecture.
- You are knowledgeable in information security, from understanding threats, risk and impact assessments, data privacy, and the compliance and regulatory requirements and constraints as they will impact the definition of both the problem domain and the solution architecture appropriate to meet those challenges.
- You will have experience in defining and delivering data or software solutions within different Cloud, On-prem or Hybrid infrastructures.
- You are able to work at both a strategic level across an enterprise, and in the detail to define and deliver solutions, always focused on solving the right problems and delivering value.
- You understand how to enable multi-disciplinary delivery teams during client engagements, for example data science, software, data, and dev-ops/platform engineers, whilst also working closely with business consultants and analysts, and engagement and delivery managers.
We’re also interested in…
- Excellent market awareness and commercial savviness.
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, or SRE patterns.
Diversity & Inclusion at Zuhlke
- Being welcome & respected for who you are.
- Being heard & appreciated for your perspective.
- Being valued, no matter your background.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
Covid-19 Notice: We are hiring for this role despite the current circumstances in relation to Covid-19. To protect our employees’ and candidates’ health and safety, we have implemented fully remote interview and onboarding processes for candidates and new joiners until further notice. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation and appreciate your flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.
In the current circumstances we work predominantly remotely and with flexible working hours and we expect that this will continue to be the case in the future. This may occasionally change due to project specific needs.