In this webinar we will share our hints and tips on how businesses can avoid being on the receiving end of a civil penalty for employing an illegal worker.
Home Office visits and requests for information are increasing and with the financial risk for employers increasing to £60,000 per illegal worker, there’s no better time for employers to turn their attention to the important matter of compliance.
This webinar is aimed at:
- HR Professionals
- Those who have responsibility for recruitment or compliance more generally
- Business owners and Directors
Employing an illegal worker has always had the potential to cause significant disruption to the workforce, business’ finances and senior stakeholders, but with the value of an illegal working penalty tripling from 13 February, there has never been a more important time to look at your recruitment processes and procedures.
Using practical examples and our experience of auditing right to work check practices, our expert immigration lawyers will take you through:
- Carrying out a compliant right to work check
- When to use the online checking service
- Using a third party Identity Service Provider
- When and how the increased illegal working penalty takes effect
- Common pitfalls and how to how to avoid these
- Practical pointers for ensuring compliance and avoiding a fine
You will be able to ask your own questions in advance via the registration form, or you can use the Q&A feature in Zoom on the day.