The ideal candidate will have a strong architecture and software engineering background, will have led teams of engineers or other architects and enjoy a client-facing role to senior stakeholders.
- Define the enterprise architecture for a high-profile government or private sector portfolios.
- Define the architectural roadmap for the portfolio, including target architecture and transitional states.
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the business processes, capabilities and highest priority user needs.
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems.
- Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted.
- Identify, engage and enfranchise stakeholders.
- Facilitate the making of portfolio-level decisions, ensuring that they are made on the basis of the best information and are aligned with stakeholder needs.
- Capture and interpret input from technical and domain specialists (and represent this accurately to stakeholders as needed).
- Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of systems across the portfolio.
- Ensure that architectures meet the system quality attributes.
- Help ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or products.
- Provide architectural and technical leadership, including leading and mentoring other architects.
- Excellent knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA) frameworks and techniques, including TOGAF.
- Excellent knowledge of architectural and technical governance.
- Excellent knowledge of architecture, design patterns, archimate and UML
- Good knowledge of open source and open standards.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud platforms and offerings, including AWS.
- Good knowledge of market leading vendor products and solutions.
- Good knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches.
- Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design.
- Strong technical background – excellent experience with JEE, Java, Web Services, REST.
- Quality Assurance skills to assess quality and completeness of deliverables.