A solution architect is in-charge of the overall technical vision and solution for a particular business problem. They design, describe and manage the solution design and govern the delivery of the solution against the intended vision.
- Define creative solutions for business problems, holistically addressing functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Define the architectural roadmaps for systems and business services.
- Build consensus for the proposed solution through engagement and communication with stakeholders.
- Effectively address stakeholder expectations and clearly describe solutions using industry standard modelling notations.
- Define and document standards and guidelines to direct the solution delivery.
- Ensure that the finished product conforms to the architectural principles and standards.
- Provide architectural and technical leadership.
- Contribute to the practice development through thought leadership and development of innovative services and offerings.
- Participate in business development activities, bids and development of innovative offerings.
- Participate in thought leadership on the subjects of Architecture and Digital Transformation.
- Line manage, mentor, train and develop more junior staff.
- Strong working knowledge of open source, open standards and cloud technologies.
- Good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a flair for collaboration.
- Excellent working knowledge of design patterns and modelling notations such as Archimate, UML and BPMN.
- Good knowledge of integration techniques, architecture patterns and non-functional drivers.
- Strong experience of leading development teams from a design and technical basis.
- Quality Assurance skills to assess the quality and completeness of deliverables.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of both traditional and agile delivery methods.
- Ability to understand and challenge designs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present data and findings to stakeholders in an impactful way.
- Possess the drive and desire to further your skills and lead in the architecture domain.