To oversee, support and manage the internal delivery of projects. Ensuring that all projects are fully and correctly resourced and supporting the Client Services and delivery teams in maintaining and growing existing client relationships. Alongside resourcing responsibilities, the Studio Manager supports the wider agency and management team in various aspects of operations such as process development, business intelligence and reporting.
- Internal: agency management team; client service team; creative team; development team and Finance.
- External: Print / production companies, third parties i.e. freelancers, copy-writers, video production, photography, illustrators etc. Liaising with external software providers/systems for work flow / scheduling purposes i.e. Teamwork / Synergist etc.
- Managing the day to day running of the Creative Studio; managing all studio operations, making full use of project management and collaboration tools.
- Streamline processes to ensure they are efficient and automated where appropriate.
- Clearly communicating the client and project needs to the design team to ensure that the work meets the agreed brief.
- Assessing, interrogating and clarifying client briefs and assigning the appropriate designers to work on a project.
- Proof-reading, reviewing artwork and checking documents to ensure they meet the brief before they are shared with the client services team - prior to going to client.
- Assisting on creative production when needed and meeting with team members for feedback.
- Creating and implementing deadlines, project plans, expectations and workflows, to ensure a smooth production process with on-time delivery.
- Ensuring files/documents are stored on the server and named according to internal protocols.
- Ensuring that studio staff time-sheets are completed correctly, allocated to the right phase/task/job number in a timely manner i.e. end of each day and any issues identified are resolved promptly.
- Manage holiday/sickness and absence cover for the studio.
- Setting up systems and processes so that the studio and the wider agency are aware of how the creative studio and work-flow operates.
- Scheduling multi-disciplinary teams workflow in using scheduling software to maintain an up to date view of current and upcoming work i.e. Trello, Synergist etc.
- Manage the multi-disciplinary studio team which may comprise of designers, creative director, digital team and freelancers; setting daily priorities / work updates.
- Responsible for weekly resource planning meetings with all agency teams to feed into workflow planning, project timelines and daily/weekly priorities.
- Ensure employees/contractors allocated are appropriate to that task, considering individual's skills, experience and training.
- Efficiently managing studio resource and freelancers, in accordance with the budget.
- Manage the recruitment, monitoring and briefing of freelance staff including contracts and commercial management i.e. rates, raising PO’s and invoicing.
- Look at how much time is being spent on certain tasks to examine where workflow processes could be improved.
- Reporting on various business information such as time sheet and resource utilisation on a weekly basis supporting agency management.
- Attend weekly Client Service meetings to provide clarity around forecast billings versus resource bookings.
We pride ourselves on making Absolute a friendly and welcoming agency, which is why we offer initiatives to help support you as a team-member and personally. So, what can you expect if you join us?
A great studio environment
We’ve invested a great deal in our studio space, and this was included in Prolific North's "Most Inspiring Places to Work" campaign a few years ago. This includes communal spaces to break away from your desk, work in project specific studios etc. We also have our own ping-pong and pool table areas along with a new studio bar to let off steam.
Team building activities
We like to get together and socialise as often as we can. Team lunches, quiz nights, nights out and even trips abroad are all part and parcel of working with Absolute. We’ve even hired chefs to come in and cook amazing meals for the team in our studio.
Health is a priority
We’re aware that we don’t work in the most active of jobs, which is why we’ve built our own in-house gym for all staff to keep you happy and healthy. This includes a full subscription to Peloton (Bike & Running machine). We also keep our studio stocked with fresh fruit every week alongside access to mental well-being services should you need it. Also, being based very close to the picturesque Rivington, we’ve invested in Absolute Mountain Bikes for you to explore the reservoirs or hills around the agency to clear your head.
Learning is encouraged
Whether you have a desire to pick up a letterpress course, an SEO course or visit an exhibition/event or whatever it is that you need to keep inspired, we offer a personal budget for creative & technical development.
Time off work
We offer 24 days holiday a year (plus bank hols obviously) and we don’t expect you to work on your birthday or take time off for appointments.
We currently offer a blend of studio and home working. We want to maintain the highly collaborative levels of working whilst providing some flexibility.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE