What does the job involve?
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Collaborate with the business to spotlight areas for data enhancement, bringing innovative solutions to life.
- Undertake root cause analysis of data issues working across technology, operations, and product teams.
- Optimize data accuracy with streamlined automation and user-friendly processes.
- Conduct data health checks and implement data rules to check the quality of data across key data elements.
- Support the creation of reports and visualisation solutions that provide interpretation and insight into business data and processes.
- Embark on a transformative journey, exploring avenues in Database Administration, Business Intelligence, and Data Management.
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members and stakeholders.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience of using SQL to investigate and fix data issues.
- Ability to produce reports and dashboards.
- Good planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell) preferable.
- Awareness of Data Protection and GDPR.
- Knowledge of Composer and GBST software preferable
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days, increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Free gym
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have 491,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totaling more than £76.1 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the UK's 'Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.