You will play a pivotal role in maximising the potential of our new CRM platform, Bloomreach. Taking the Marketing and CRM roadmap, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of our strategy: managing complex, trigger-based, automated lifecycle journeys.
We are looking for someone who has advanced knowledge of using Email Marketing tools and/or Marketing Automation technology. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding how they work, how they can be configured to build segments and workflows, as well as how they can integrate with other systems, creating opportunities for efficiencies, data management, reporting and automation across the platform.
You should have both marketing and technical experience, along with an analytical approach to presenting key findings. You will need to be comfortable at engaging with stakeholders at all levels and across functions.
You will have line management responsibility, managing a Senior CRM Data Executive.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure an in-depth understanding of the key objectives and deliverables of the seasonal campaign plan.
- Be a CRM platform ‘super user’, who can comfortably manage complex automation journeys as well as troubleshoot when problems arise from data feeds.
- Build close working relationships with our marketing platform vendor (Bloomreach), ensuring platform capabilities are fully utilised and optimised across all channels.
- Work on omni-channel marketing campaigns e.g., email, in-app and SMS.
- Collaborate with the UX and Design team to develop a range of reusable templates and toolkits to reduce creative production overhead and ensuring creative consistency
- Achieve a balance of 80% programme/automation based and 20% campaign-based CRM activity, using workflow and automation functions within the tools. Reduce manual production wherever possible
- Effectively manage, execute, and track the performance of marketing activity
- Analyse campaign performance to identify tactical and strategic areas for improvement
- Train and educate all team members on CRM best practices, ensuring effective utilisation of the CRM system throughout the organisation
- 5 years+ experience of working in a CRM / Data role
- Experience of building automated customer journeys in a CRM platform – ideally Bloomreach (our internal platform) or similar
- Previous experience working with Digital Analytics Platforms such as: Google Analytics Explore, Adobe Analytics, Acoustic / IBM Digital Analytics
- Ability to understand data collection methods from websites and build relevant reporting inside the platform
- Ability to track and evaluate the performance of emails and other marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of digital marketing and CRM methodologies (LTV, Retention, Loyalty, upsell & cross-sale)
- Ability to present and interpret data to the senior management team
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate issues based on data points
- Understanding of data evaluation concepts such as A/B testing and statistical significance
- Basic knowledge of personalization languages -Jinja or similar
- Knowledge of customer journey mapping and experience in executing multi-channel campaigns
- Experience in the end-to-end delivery of email marketing campaigns
- Experience in working with customer data, including permissions, data protection, GDPR, segmentation
- Self-motivator and good communicator
- Ability to manage and delegate work to junior team members,
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and multiple 3rd party stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes at the highest level, within the given timescales
- Supporting and enabling the business to achieve its regulatory requirements, including consumer duty.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have 491,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £76.1 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1200 employees and have been named one of the UK's 'Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 27 days, increasing up to 31 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bi-annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free shares scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.