If you are an experienced Cloud Platform Engineer who is looking for something a bit different for your next career step, then we want to hear from you!
We are building a new managed services technology division within Apadmi, and we are looking for potential cloud platform leaders to join this growing team.
If you are someone who likes variety in their work, then we think this role will be perfect. This is an opportunity to establish a team of Cloud Platform Engineers, working across Azure, AWS and GCP. You and your team will work across a wide range of Apadmi client technologies in Healthcare, Sport, Retail and Finance, to enhance, support and maintain their mobile products and services.
You will work within the Apadmi Managed Services, alongside fellow technology leads, and a multi-disciplined technology, data science and product marketing team, to help our clients’ technology and services evolve, grow and reach their full potential.
Success means that we are also able to provide the team with regular downtime to work on skill development, and spend time furthering their experience working with the very latest tech. As the cloud platform lead, you help shape this process and identify the right technology and projects to allow you and your team to continually grow.
You will be key to training and mentoring the your team as part of the wider Apadmi training program.
This is a great opportunity to join a new division in a growing and dynamic company - we are looking for a cloud platform lead who wants to be part of something new.
Your role will be:
- Work as part of the wider managed services team to support, maintain and continuously improve our clients’ products and services, and ensure that they meet the feature, functional, reliability, security and performance our clients expect.
- Assess and onboard new products and services, and help put together a prioritised roadmap of necessary changes and improvements in order to bring their technology up to the levels required.
- Maintain strategies and policies, such as hosted environments, deployment, load and performance testing, and monitoring and alerting.
- Ensure monitoring and alerting is configured on all projects, continually reviewing and fine tuning as the systems evolve over time.
- Have a strong focus on automation, ensuring the alerting and recovery of failing systems. In addition, workflow optimisation, helping to build maintainable tools to support the Managed Services team.
- Report on the underlying health metrics, such as performance, load, cost and capacity, making this easy to access and understand for key stakeholders.
- Lead the team to help guide and support them in though any technical and development issues, and ensure they produce solid solutions.
- Contribute to backlog management and prioritisation, including creating and reviewing the breakdown and estimation of tasks.
- Ensure the high quality of your teams work, following the principles and practices set out by Apadmi.
- Work with the other Mobile and Server leads, to continually evolve standards and drive development best practices within the managed services.
- Liaise directly with client stakeholders teams across the Apadmi business, including product marketing, data science, account managers and sales, to help deliver the Apadmi digital experience.
- Lead, mentor and help grow a team of platform engineers as part of the mentorship and training program to help grow new development talent.
Key requirements are:
- Expertise in one or more of Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP Administration.
- Monitoring and tracing tools such as Prometheus
- Working with IaC tools such as Terraform
- DevOps environments and containerisation including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working with various data storage technologies, including SQL (relational databases).
- Experience undertaking performance and load testing to ensure the architectural solution meets requirements.
- A solid understanding of information security, with the ability to design solutions that meet the specific needs of our individual clients.
- Participation in on-call rotations and out of hours maintenance windows alongside the rest of the Managed Services team. On-call bonus will be paid monthly.
What makes an ideal candidate:
- A troubleshooting specialist, able to work with the development, test and client technical teams to devise strategies to identify and resolve issues.
- Someone with a positive attitude, who can work outside of your comfort zone as you try to solve problems, large and small.
- Someone who is happy in a client facing role and working with people at all levels across Apadmi and our client companies.
- Hybrid working can be supported.
Why work for Apadmi?
We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
We don’t just want you to work on cool projects with big brand names; we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community.