Digital Product Manager
Apadmi LTD -
Apadmi is currently focused on growth and this role presents the unique opportunity to have a real impact on product delivery moving forward, working with the Head of Product to implement and update Product Processes fitting with Apadmi’s ambitious growth targets. The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record of delivering great products that provide real value through technology and innovation. We’re looking for someone who can nurture and lead successful teams to deliver their best work, with strong stakeholder experience, working with companies on a global scale. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company where no two days will be the same!
What you will do
- Develop strong relationships with our clients and become a trusted digital advisor.
- Responsible for identifying target users and audiences
- Define opportunities and influence customer experience on the product
- Responsibility for the product development, launch and successful delivery
- Develop an understanding of current and future customer needs, supported by data analysis and the strategic roadmap.
- Understanding the product’s visions and the objectives
- Working with the clients to create OKR’s for delivery phases/milestones
- Translate these needs into outcomes and user stories for new features.
- Anticipating client and user needs on recommending product direction in the future
- Working with the delivery teams to ensure they understand the new features and the user stories and support the design of solutions.
- Utilising performance metrics and in field data analysis to refine and improve product impact
- Creating, Delivering and maintaining the product strategy roadmap
- Understanding and communicating the user value and business value of all features
- Milestone and Release planning
- Prioritising and grooming the backlog
- Creating user stories and Refining the Product Backlog
- Leading ceremonies
- Working closely with the multi-functional scrum team
- Lead on the Product, and managing any supporting Product Team members
- Coaching and building effective teams
- Provide Weekly updates to stakeholders on the progress, and product progress reports
- Ensure adequate resource is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the product, working closely with Engineering Managers and Account Managers
- Track progress of product against initial roadmap and milestone plan, while maintaining records of resource effort, product expenditure and cash flow
- Sprint progress and financial reporting/comms
- Strong stakeholder communication skills
- Risk mitigation and management
- Documenting key assumptions, dependency management and issue logging
- Financial Forecasting
- Approving Weekly timesheets and invoicing
- Responsible for successfully delivery of the product
- Team Lead other members of the Product Team
What we need
- A minimum of 3 years in product management
- Knowledge and experience in mobile development project lifecycles is essential
- We’re looking for a natural leader and problem-solver with the ability to make smart, practical decisions under pressure
- Market experience of having built product business cases and commercial justifications
- Experience of having launched new products into mature markets
- Experience working with clients to develop roadmaps, project scope and negotiating costs
- The ability to manage and set client expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication-internally and externally, one-to one and in groups/presentations
- Good people judgement and skills-motivate and manage well, handle conflict and difficult feedback positively/constructively at team and individual level
What Makes an Ideal candidate
- Self-driven, results orientated and a positive outlook
- Well versed in agile and more traditional methodologies with experience in agile coaching
- Proactive and detail oriented with strong communication and reporting skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interrogate project metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement
- Natural forward planner and strategic thinker
- Reliable, tolerant, persistent and determined
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholders and large project teams
- Experience working on products in the retail, financial or sports sectors and knowledge of key legislation in these area
- Mentoring and Line management experience
- Experience in implementing successful project management processes and delivery models
- Experience in delivering projects from end to end, from discovery, through to definition, development and continuous optimisation
- Financial forecasting experience
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools like Confluence and Jira
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses all output
- Able to get on with others and be a team player
- Ability to embrace change and apply to working practices
- Strong leadership, people management and coaching skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence with senior internal and external partners/stakeholders
Why work for Apadmi
We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
Not only that, we're driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we'll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you'll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We've also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes - with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community.