Reporting to the Head of UX, you will be an active and leading member of the design team who brings the skills and experience of a lead UX designer and easily balances them with the duties of team management. You will work closely with the Head of UX to develop, improve and refine the UX processes and activities employed by the team.
You will have experience of working in agile project teams and enjoy close collaboration with strategists, product managers, developers and other designers. From discovery to delivery, you will champion the needs of users and through research, ideation and experimentation methods, be able to unlock insights that lead to innovative, impactful and commercially successful solutions.
You will confidently lead UX Design for key accounts and be able to eloquently communicate and discuss ideas, and present designs that are backed up by data and insight, sound UX thinking, best practice and innovative design.
You will be comfortable leading a team of multidisciplinary designers and, through guidance and mentorship, help them improve their craft and progress in their careers.
Skills and Responsibilities
You will have 5+ years experience in:
- Planning and performing User Research tailored to meet the specific needs of a project.
- Planning and delivery of Usability Testing programmes, including insight analysis.
- Planning and facilitation of Design Workshops with users and clients. 1 of 2
- Working with developers and product owners to establish and maintain a shared understanding of the product vision.
- Delivering and testing UX design artefacts to support the Discovery and Delivery of digital products. We work mainly in Figma.
- Exploring, documenting and refining IA and user journeys.
- Advanced prototyping using a variety of tools and methods - and choosing the best approach for the situation.
- Managing and mentoring other designers to get the best out of them.
You will also be able to:
- Lead client engagements with confidence, building rapport with the client, guiding and educating them, while keeping project needs and business value front of mind.
- Speak eloquently about UX decisions, provide reasoning and convince others, while keeping an open mind to alternative approaches.
- Reliably estimate the design part of a project to a reasonable level of accuracy based on your extensive experience.
- Brief team members efficiently so they are clear on what they need to do. ● Assess projects in terms of potential risks or dependencies.
- Help monitor project health through regular governance sessions.
- Promote high standards of quality in UX Design within the team, leading by example. Identify, define and implement UX process improvements.
- Provide UX design leadership, inspiring colleagues to produce better work.
- Help nurture team members and help them grow as designers, guiding their careers.
- Consult with the Resourcing team on appropriate design resource allocation, proactively helping them to solve resourcing conflicts.
- Continuously improve through a drive to self-evaluate and seek out feedback from others.
Why work for Apadmi
We are at the forefront of Digital Impact in the UK. We work with some of the brands, creating the future digital product solutions, and you will be able to look back and proudly say “I did that”.
You will be surrounded by a team of experts, challenging yourself and others, to work with clients on solutions that will deliver real change and value.
We offer an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
We want to support you, so our life insurance, income protection scheme and group pension scheme are all included in our employee package.
Not only that, we’re driven by your needs and your personal development. Together with your team leader, we’ll help you set objectives and track progress, whilst creating a personal development plan shaped around your needs and interests.
Remote working has become the new normal for us at Apadmi, but should you wish to have a change of scenery, our custom-built Salford Quays office with free on-site parking provides a relaxed, socially distanced, environment to work in. Here you’ll find a fully stocked kitchen, a dozen state-of-the-art collaboration spaces and free-on-site secure parking.
To maintain our sense of community across the business during the pandemic we have held company stand-ups every Friday and frequently welcome celebrity guest stars and run remote video tours. We’ve also continued to hold regular virtual social activities such as cocktail making classes, horse racing nights, bingo and quizzes – with lots of exciting real-life events planned for this summer!
We also encourage you to get involved and get that feel-good-factor! We host weekly cross-fit sessions, group yoga and have sports teams to help you relax and make new friends within the Apadmi community