Read more about how you can thrive with us.
Join us in 'Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) and play a pivotal role at enterprise, platform, or system level. You can be part of some of the largest, most high-profile infrastructure projects or deliver more local, niche consultancy projects. This is a role that will keep you challenged: from developing innovative Safety Management solutions, to growing new areas of the business, and enabling the individuals in your division to thrive.
Our team offers a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking multiple Senior and Principal Safety Consultants with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of safety management solutions for our clients, including:
- Support to sales.
- Assurance of work undertaken by project teams.
- Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability.
- Leadership of major safety management assignments for clients.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to manage their systems safety within the land domain. You will be working with our clients to deliver safety management projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
We require individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics. You will be someone who is looking to make the next step in their career and to join a team that will provide all the opportunities for further progression that come with being part of a growing business.
What can you bring?
Essential criteria -
- Professional in approach and performance.
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results.
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level.
- Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering.
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance.
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations.
- Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions.
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor’s experience.
Desirable criteria -
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent or working towards it.
- Knowledge and awareness of their discipline and related disciplines and their developments across varied markets including Defence.
- Expertise in hazard and safety risk management.
- Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Safety Cases Reports.
- Experienced in development of Safety Management Systems and/or Plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation (UK and EU in particular) as it applies to land systems.
- Experienced in development of Legislation Compliance Assessments.
- Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments such as HAZOP, FMECA, ZHA, FTA & ETA.
- Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets.
- Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.
- Production of articles, papers, or conference presentations within their discipline.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We value diversity and believe that everyone deserves to thrive, without exception. We have signed the MoD's "Women in Defence" and "Women in Aviation and Aerospace" charters. These pledges include providing opportunities for women to succeed at all levels. We're also committed to being a Military friendly employer and have been recognised with the Ministry of Defence's (MoD) Gold Employer Recognition Award.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below:
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
AtkinsRéalis, is a top global consultancy with over 100 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
AtkinsRéalis, is where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.