Bruntwood SciTech owns and manages the largest portfolio of science and technology campuses in the UK with 10 campuses across Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Cheshire, Birmingham, and Cambridge, including prestigious locations like Manchester Science Park, Alderley Park and Innovation Birmingham. Bruntwood SciTech creates the environments and ecosystems that companies in the science and technology sector need to form, collaborate, scale and grow; including world-class office and lab space, a range of scientific services and specialist, tailored business support, along with connections that offer unrivalled access to finance, talent, markets and mentorship.
Bruntwood SciTech is a 50:50 joint venture between Bruntwood and Legal & General formed in 2018. Bruntwood and its people are passionate about supporting communities, arts and culture in the city regions where it invests. The company donates around 10% of annual profits to local good causes through the Oglesby Charitable Trust and is proud to support the Manchester International Festival and Bluedot.
This is a brilliant role for a charismatic Content Manager who wants more and is inquisitive. The role will be based in Manchester City Centre at Manchester Science Park but will be required to travel to all the Bruntwood SciTech campuses to help raise awareness of each of them and contribute to generating enquiries for these campuses through exciting, unique and innovative content creation and leading on the strategy and delivery of Bruntwood SciTech’s social media channels. The role is broad so you won't be linear.
Ultimately you'll have all the tools at your disposal - it's down to how creative you can get!
- Work with members of the Bruntwood SciTech marketing team to curate and manage all editorial and social media content
- Understand the company’s target audiences and user journeys to be able to strategically develop content and manage its curation to both build brand awareness and acquire new customers
- Write entertaining and informative search engine optimised content that delivers to Bruntwood SciTech’s marketing and communications objectives
- Produce innovative content for different audiences, channels and formats e.g. video, podcast, infographic
- Build excellent internal and external relationships with customers, stakeholders and partners to generate interesting content
- Use available industry tools to improve reach and engagement including through the use of advocates, influencers and affiliates
- Identify suitable keywords and produce content and articles which target these
- Identify key metrics and set relevant KPIs for measuring the success of content and associated ROI
- Produce monthly evaluation reports (using Google Analytics, SEO) demonstrating the effectiveness of content/social media in line with agreed metrics and use this data to continually improve and optimise website and social media performance.
- Develop, manage and maintain Bruntwood SciTech’s content calendar
- Manage and maintain Bruntwood SciTech’s social media policies
- Act as an ambassador/guardian for Bruntwood SciTech’s brand through content and social media
- Work closely with members of the wider Bruntwood and SciTech teams to help inform and support the development of Bruntwood SciTech’s online presence (including website).
- Degree educated ideally from an English, Marketing or Journalism related degree or equivalent qualifications/relevant experience
- Previous experience within a content focused role
- Working experience of managing social channels
- Analytical experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of driving content via SEO optimisation
- Previous experience of working with agencies would be advantageous
- Creative minded with an ability to conceive interesting ideas for new content (Video content, Podcasts etc)
- A passion for the science and tech sector would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel
In addition to the salary advertised we offer the following benefits and more:
- 24 days paid leave per year plus bank holidays, pro-rata
- Extra day’s leave on your birthday
- Immediate Life Assurance cover at 4 times salary
- Employer matched pension contributions of up to 8%
- All Employee Share Ownership Plan after qualifying period
- Eligible for Private healthcare
- 2 days paid leave per year to participate in voluntary work under the Bruntwood Cares scheme
- Wellbeing incentives