CDL Software - Manchester
We are looking for an Intermediate Data Engineer to join our fast-paced Data Services area. Working with our Seniors and Principal Data Engineers in the multi-functional, agile based squad you'll be developing some of our new sophisticated solutions for deployment in a cloud-based environment. We are creating an environment and culture of continual learning and we are looking for a Intermediate Data Engineer who has some experience of coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
Taking technical ownership, you will maintain a keen awareness of industry and technology breakthroughs, ensuring we are always benefiting from best practice. As an Intermediate Data Engineer, you’ll be comfortable talking about system design and architecture and providing mentoring to other team members.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff.
As part of the Data Services team, you will work on replat forming CDL's core vehicle information systems and processing solution, powering CDL's suite of insurance applications and data lookups services, expanding data analytics capabilities, that will promote richer insights and value for CDL and its customers. Built using cloud technology, currently AWS, the solution will provide performance, scalability and flexibility.
We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We are also proud to have achieved the Top Employee 2021. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Proven experience with Cloud using AWS or similar. AWS EMR, AWS Lambda, S3, Step Functions, AWS Networking, Athena, RDS
- Expertise in one or more of these programming languages (SQL, Python, GoLang)
- Experience with Spark – Pyspark
- Familiarity with at least one scripting or programming language (Bash, Python).
- Experience with Automation Tools, such as, Terraform/Git/ Gitlab Pipelines/Jmeter
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Additional Skills
- Expertise in testing/quality tools (pytest/sonarqube)
- ETL Pipelines
- AWS Glue Data Catalog
- DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres SQL
- Using Data formats like CSV, Fixed Format, JSON, Parquet, XML
- Good understanding and proven experience within a Linux environment.
- Remote working – occasional requirements to attend the office
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing by 1 day per 1 year of service up to 30 days.
- Top employer for 6th year running
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- Life and health assurance
- Established Recognition Award System
- Great Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Diversity and Inclusion network
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Annual Hackathon Events
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms