Are you a Product Owner who is looking to work on core product development within a SaaS environment?
What we do:
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a consistent track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
We are looking for a passionate Product Owner who will act as an ambassador for the product, you’ll have a profound understanding of our customer and end-user needs. Working within an agile environment, you will inspire the software delivery team through high-value deliverables, communicating the vision effectively. You will be taking the product forwards into the marketplace whilst you discover what our market needs. You will need to be open to the market and fully immerse yourself in the world of new product goals, vision and aligned with Company and Lead Product Owner/Family vision.
We are looking for someone who has strong commercial awareness and experience working with cloud-based solutions in a Software as a Service environment. As a Product Owner, you will forecast and communicate the product roadmap and release projections whilst owning a P&L account and demonstrate how you can achieve with great development, those goals and targets with the foremost thought of build-once and sell many times. You’ll actively provide demonstrations of new ideas and features to stakeholders and sponsors.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Hold a track record of delivering product-led development in an Agile environment
- Experience in a similar role working as a Product Owner within a software delivery and agile environment
- Experience working with cloud-based solutions such as AWS.
- It is highly desirable if you have experience working with mobile applications and API’s
- Excellent communication skills – Client facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of numerous agile approaches and how they effect your delivery
- An excellent self-organiser and experience in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
Beneficial or areas for learning:
- First level Scrum Product Owner certification (PSPO I, CSPO) or equivalent
- Remote working – occasional requirements to attend the office
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing by 1 day per 1 year of service up to 30 days.
- Top employer for 6th year running
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- Life and health assurance
- Established Recognition Award System
- Great Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Diversity and Inclusion network
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Annual Hackathon Events
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms