Are you a Product Owner who is looking to work on core product development within a SaaS environment?
What we do:
CDL is one of the UK’s leading software development houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport, powering brands such as Swinton and Tesco Bank. The CDL suite of products power all aspects of an insurance provider’s needs, from Digital and Price Comparison integration, through to back office, fulfilment and pricing as well as Data products. Several of CDL's applications are prime to break out of the Insurance sector and provide a route to diversification and expansion globally.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We pride ourselves on being part of a collaborative, inspiring working environment, with our employees at the heart of our company.
We are looking for a passionate Product Owner who will act as an ambassador for the product, you’ll have a profound understanding of our customer and end user needs. Working within an agile environment, you will inspire the software delivery team through high value deliverables, communicating the vison effectively to ensure you inspire them. You will be taking the product forwards into the marketplace whilst learning what our market needs. You will need to be open to the market and fully immerse yourself in the world of new product goals, vision and in line with Company and Lead Product Owner/Family vision.
We are looking for someone who has a strong commercial awareness and experience working with cloud-based solutions in a Software as a service environment. As a Product Owner, you will forecast and communicate the product roadmap and release projections whilst owning a P&L account and demonstrate how you can achieve with great development, those goals and targets with the foremost thought of build once and sell many times. You’ll actively provide demonstrations of new ideas and features to stakeholders and sponsors.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience in working as a PO in the Data domain. Whether that's been focussed on analytics, data science or data engineering it doesn't matter. It's all of interest.
- Somebody who understands that data is constantly evolving and moves at an intense pace. As such, they should have a passion for data and ensuring that they are at the forefront of any new trends and capabilities.
- A proven creativity for spotting patterns/problems and turning these into opportunities for betterment in the product.
- The appreciation and understanding of data as a strategic asset and the transformation it can drive in an organisation.
- An analytical mind that you can translate through your passion for data and the products associated when discussing with those who may not be as data literate.
- Hold a track record in delivery of product led development in an Agile environment
- Experience in a similar role working as a Product Owner within a software delivery and agile environment
- Experience working with cloud based solutions such as AWS.
- It is highly desirable if you have experience working with API driven platforms and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills – Client facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of numerous agile approaches and how that effects your delivery
- An excellent self-organiser and experience in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
Beneficial or areas for learning:
- First level Scrum Product Owner certification (PSPO I, CSPO) or equivalent
- Remote working – occasional requirements to attend the office
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start, increasing by 1 day per 1 year of service up to 30 days.
- Top employer for 6th year running
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Health and Wellbeing programme
- Virtual activities, lunch and learns, coffee mornings and meetups.
- Life and health assurance
- Established Recognition Award System
- Great Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Diversity and Inclusion network
- Pension scheme
- Community projects and volunteer days
- Refer a friend bonus
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Games room and chill out zone
- Annual Hackathon Events
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer BBQ, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms