Code Computerlove - Manchester
First, a bit about Code Computerlove
We make digital products and services for an eclectic mix of clients – we work with big organisations like the BBC, fast-moving start-ups like LightSpeed Broadband, and local heroes like Manchester Pride.
We’re officially recognised as a Great Place to Work. 98% of people here say that the working environment is welcoming, friendly and fun, and 98% agree that people are treated fairly regardless of race, age, or sexual orientation.
Code was founded in 1999. Since then, we’ve helped shape some of the UK’s most-visited websites and become famous for our human-centred thinking, digital design excellence, and modern engineering practices. We even launched a global number-1 app, The Higher Lower Game.
Code is full of talented, passionate folk who love collaborating and helping each other out, and our client partners trust us to do world-class work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Account Manager / Director (we call them Digital Product Consultants) to develop our partner relationships at a strategic level, support in the creation of their digital roadmaps, as well as work closely with our internal teams delivering on those roadmaps consisting of (UX design, research, engineering, data, delivery).
You may be an Account Director within a digital agency looking to become more strategic or an in-house digital Product Manager looking for more variety.
What we pay
The salary range for this role is £30,000 - £45,000. This is a band 2 or 3 role in our salary framework and is dependent on your experience:
Band: 2 or 3
(Band Guide – 1: Junior/Exec | 2: Account Manager | 3: Account Director | 4: Lead | 5: Director)
Role and responsibilities
As an Account Manager / Director your responsibilities will involve:
- Lead the strategic direction for our clients and plan a roadmap of work that will help to drive their digital success
- To ensure we have roadmaps for our clients that will achieve revenue targets
- To develop strong relationships with our clients and become a trusted digital advisor at the highest level within their organisation
- To work with the wider agency to ensure we maintain and drive client satisfaction levels
- To work on new business to win and secure new relationships
- Ensuring your client account plans are up to date and there is a clear pipeline of work
- Ensure we have the right level of proposals being delivered to clients to maintain the work in the account groups
- You will represent the clients' interests within Code and ensure the work we carry out for them is effective and provides the results they need
- Mobilise the correct disciplines within the agency working to deliver the best work we can for our clients
- Make sure we have the correct level of work for each client to hit agreed forecast targets
- Effectively use the account development time to further the relationship and client strategy
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of our clients' businesses and the markets that they operate in
- Be their go-to person for anything digital
- We’re looking for a natural leader and problem-solver with the ability to make smart, practical decisions under pressure
- You’ll need to be focused, resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude, plus a willingness to make a real difference and commitment to continuing to work towards goals and objectives – even if setbacks and hurdles occur
- We work with Agile/Lean practices, so experience in this area – and a keenness to champion this way of working across the business – would be advantageous too
- Around 3 years+ experience working within a client-facing role in digital
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working with clients to develop roadmaps, project scope and negotiating costs
- The ability to manage and set client expectations
- Knowledge of enterprise digital platforms
Digital Consultant Values
- Digital understanding - Awareness of new technology, and digital marketing practices that will help our clients succeed.
- Strategic planning – Demonstrates an understanding of and insight into the key issues facing our clients. Can use this and consumer understanding to work with the wider agency to develop strategic plans for our clients.
- Client management – Understand client needs and can translate these into usable digital solutions.
- Commercial focus – Ensuring our clients see a return on investment and continue to be commercially successful. Someone who is driven by always improving the commercial performance for their clients.
- A collaborative approach to working – Able to work closely and collaboratively with all other disciplines at Code.
- Influencing and Persuading – Understands how best to influence different types of people and is successful in persuading others. Strong verbal and written communicator.
- Developing others – Able to recognise potential and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realised.
- Negotiation - Good negotiation skills with clients, able to protect Codes' interests and ensure positive outcomes.
Code Computerlove values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who are always improving both themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with, and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively.
We are a remote-first business, but our fantastic city-centre office is open for our staff to work from if they wish to. Our space, in the heart of the Northern Quarter and just a few minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Train Station, is designed to let collaboration and creativity flourish.
It's not all about work
- Make-Change Friday afternoon – dedicated self-improvement time
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- £25 per month wellbeing budget
- Corporate discounts with the likes of John Lewis and Made.com
- Flexible hours and flexible bank-holidays
- Annual (and legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
- Your birthday off
- Profit-related bonus