Senior Software Engineer - C# .NET/Core, AWS/Azure, TDD, Architecture
Code Computerlove -
First, a bit about Code Computerlove
We make digital products and services for an eclectic mix of clients – we work with big organisations like the BBC, fast-moving start-ups like LightSpeed Broadband, and local heroes like Manchester Pride.
We’re officially recognised as a Great Place to Work. 98% of people here say that the working environment is welcoming, friendly and fun, and 98% agree that people are treated fairly regardless of race, age, or sexual orientation.
Code was founded in 1999. Since then, we’ve helped shape some of the UK’s most-visited websites and become famous for our human-centred thinking, digital design excellence, and modern engineering practices. We even launched a global number-1 app, The Higher Lower Game.
Code is full of talented, passionate folk who love collaborating and helping each other out, and our client partners trust us to do world-class work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting inclusivity and diversity at Code. We are actively encouraging applications from black and ethnic minority groups.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer from a C#/.NET Core/Web/API background, capable of defining and driving technical architectures with 5+ years of industry experience. You can do some front-end engineering, but your strength is firmly in software engineering.
You’ll be passionate and capable of working in a true Test Driven Development (TDD) & DevOps culture and will mainly be architecting, developing and working in AWS primarily, but also Azure (with an eye on GCP), using a range of SaaS, web services, and potentially Serverless/Lambda.
You will likely have over 5+ years of experience in software engineering roles within a digital, web and API environment and are confident in creating and driving system architecture direction.
What we pay
The salary range for this role is up to £45,000-65,000. This is a band 3 role in our salary/grade framework and is dependent on your experience and skill/
(Band Guide – 1: Foundation | 2: Professional | 3: Senior | 4: Lead/Principal | 5: Director)
Who you'll work with
We have 5 product delivery teams at Code, each team is a multi-disciplined mix of 10 experts across Product Strategy, Delivery Management, UX Research & Design, Software Engineering, Front End Engineering, DevOps, Agile Test Analyst, Content & Optimisation, who are all responsible for driving and delivering value against the product roadmap and customer experiences for their client partnerships.
You will also be part of the Software Engineering discipline/community with all other software engineers across Code, inputting to the direction of software engineering, sharing & driving best-practice, and re-use across Code Computerlove.
You must have a strong desire to improve yourself and learn from others, whilst also getting involved in the Code Computerlove culture of learning & sharing. You will have support from our ‘Best in Industry’ principal engineers, so you can keep progressing your own skills and career.
Your skills and experience
- 5 years or more minimum commercial experience as a Software Engineer in a C#/.NET Core web/API environment.
- Capable of defining and driving system architectures
- Solid in craftsmanship skills like TDD, SOLID, Refactoring Patterns etc.
- Work with a DevOps mindset in AWS and Azure
- Strong communication skills – making tech & architecture choices easy to understand for team & stakeholders, but also as part of team processes & practices.
- Confident in an agile working environment, re-enforcing and supporting team improvement & processes with your Software Development Lead.
- Serverless & Lambda experience
- GCP experience
What our engineers value
- A focus on modern engineering principles, the right tool for the right job, craftsmanship first approach with TDD & DevOps, which allows technical solutions to be constantly adapted to meet ever-changing demands with reliability, repeatability, and fast feedback.
- Agile/Lean Thinking – Product focussed, Kanban approach, Extreme programming
- Self-organising teams that constantly seek to improve to reliably deliver iterative solutions
- Learning & Personal Development – Code Katas, Brown Bags, Skill Shares
- Actively attend and speak at local tech and lean meetups in the North West
- Use the flexible, fun and challenging work environment where innovative ideas are encouraged
Code Computerlove values
- We value people who are brilliant in their capability and the things that they make together
- We value people who are always improving both themselves and the world around them to make a difference
- We value people who collaborate, who are a joy to work with, and who get more from themselves and those around them, by working together effectively
We are a remote-first business, but we have access to fantastic city-centre offices for our staff to work from if they wish to. Our space, in the Spinngingfield area are a short walk from Piccadilly Train Station.
It's not all about work
- Make-Change Friday afternoon – dedicated self-improvement time
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- £25 per month wellbeing budget
- Corporate discounts with the likes of John Lewis and Made.com
- Flexible hours and flexible bank-holidays
- Annual (and legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
- Your birthday off
- Profit-related bonus