We are recruiting for a Project Manager to join us on a 6 month contract (Outside IR35).
We are an agile team of tech experts, game-changers and creative-thinkers, changing the future of insurance forever and making a real difference in people’s lives. We are using human-centred technology to make insurance more personal, relevant and predictive to the way that people live today. We are setting the pace of change for our industry, and we do this by always asking what’s next, by never being satisfied with the status quo, and by breaking barriers together.
We are a team of individuals with a shared passion for solving problems, a hunger to learn, a super positive attitude and a burning desire to make a difference in the world. We’re a diverse group of curious, creative-thinkers of any and all kinds who know that true innovation only comes from working together with an open mind. We start with people first, bringing together data, the latest technology, the most innovative processes and the brightest brains to create ground-breaking ideas that will have the biggest impact on people’s lives. We build, test, learn, pivot and fail fast to bring the best ideas to life. And when we’ve got a great idea, we will throw everything we’ve got at to make it a success.
Unlike other insurance companies who step in only when things go wrong, we are developing technologies that will help our customers stop the worst from happening by integrating seamlessly into the lives of their consumers.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Accountable for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- The overall planning, direction, shaping and management of the end to end delivery of multiple projects and programmes, to meet the agreed business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
Other responsibilities within your role:
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of the end-to-end project (or multiple projects) to meet the agreed business requirements within timescale, cost and quality constraints, and in accordance with the Covéa’s delivery methodologies
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manages expectations of all project stakeholders
- Provide direction and structure to assigned project activities establishing clear, precise goals, objectives and timeframes
- Manage and ensure that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained across all delivery aspects of projects within assigned business areas (people, process and technology)
- Maintain issue logs, manage project risks and ensure mitigating actions are taken as necessary
- Ensure Programme and Project governance is adhered to and that quality assurance is adopted throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure key deliverable documents are completed as required by the project with the corresponding sign off
- Responsible for the engagement with the Key Stakeholders through effective stakeholder management to ensure all requirements are fully understood from initiation to completion
- Ensure service and operations roles are involved in the project as needed (particularly during the design phase), to ensure activities required for a smooth transition into service takes place
- Support assigned domain project team, managing the work effort and track progress against the plan
- Responsible for managing, developing and appraising the project team, ensuring teams are highly motivated & focused on delivery (including co-operation/co-ordination cross-teams on other related projects) and colleague’s career aspirations are realised. Provide clarity of roles and responsibilities for all involved in the project lifecycle
- Initiate post implementation reviews to ensure that lessons are learnt from each project implementation so as to feed into optimising the overall programme
- Effectively manage suppliers/ third parties (including system integrators (SI) to time, budget and quality.
- Provide input into and review of all necessary work orders and contracts for third parties involved in the project delivery
- Continue to contribute to the development and evolution of the Portfolio function
What would we like to see in you?
- Proven track record in delivering business change and IT Projects
- A good working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile delivery techniques and the ability to apply these to projects
- Experience of working within fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations, within the finance sector
- Commercial and business understanding of key project drivers
- A strong track record of developing high level operational processes and measures that support business growth and operational excellence
- Proven success in change management, process and methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Visio, Word & Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, particularly adept at simplifying and articulating complex topics and employing a wide range of communication styles to engage with all levels of the organisation
- Excellent understanding of commercial and financial management, budget control and cost optimisation
- Experienced in influencing and negotiating with 3rd party suppliers and partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- Demonstrates pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable
- Is proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service delivered to all customers, external, internal and business partners
- Respects individual’s views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel
- Behaves consistently and with integrity at all times, realising everyone’s potential to get the best possible result and live the values
- Willingly takes the initiative and consistently does more than is required
- Continually asks what more could it be and inspires others to do likewise
- Qualification in project management or equivalent (i.e. PRINCE2)