Delivery Planning Principal
Halifax, West Yorkshire (Hybird/Flexible Working options are available)
£80,000 - £95,000 (DOE) + Annual Performance Bonus
We are looking for a Delivery Planning Principal that comes with a track record of being an exceptional leader in a delivery function with strong financial and resource planning experience. Ideally you will have evolved from a strong background in hands-on delivery across a range of technologies and delivery methodologies. We are looking for someone who can drive evolution and change within their domain and communicate effectively at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a vibrant digital function, to continue the great steps already taken and contribute to its future evolution.
What will I be doing?
Strategy & Leadership
- Lead and inspire your team to deliver the company’s strategy and purpose through clear objectives and vision
- Operate with and lead C-level executive stakeholders working with Senior Leadership Team in Covéa Digital, cognizant of and supporting your peers to ensure Product, Engineering, Architecture and Service Operations support and integrate with your Delivery Planning strategy and teams
- Ensure the performance of the team according to Covéa and Covéa Digital KPI’s and Business Goals
- Play a key role in delivering and shaping the Covéa Delivery strategy with the Delivery Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead with integrity and act with resilience and act in a proactive and decisive way when taking the lead on tough decisions
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement across the Planning team encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership, transparency and accountability
- Support and promote a culture which is genuinely inclusive and respectful
- Foster an environment where your teams feel nurtured and invested in Covéa Insurance PLC
Planning, Budgets, Resourcing, Tools
- Work with the Finance Director, to lead the annual planning on budgets, including quarterly reforecasting.
- Work with the Heads of Department and their direct reports and your peers in the Delivery team, ensure all plans for resource capacity planning are kept up to date and accurate.
- Demonstrate accuracy in planning and forecasting across budgets and resource across all Transformation teams.
- Define and lead on the development and evolution of “Tools” (e.g. Jira, Confluence, PowerBI) to create the foundations and workflow to support the EPMO (& Covéa) for data driven real-time consistent and accurate reporting.
- Ensure resource planning includes capitalisation targets for every role in Transformation teams and work with all teams to track performance against them.
- Demonstrate excellence in Delivery planning and work with the Delivery teams to drive best practice across all methodologies.
- Work closely with HR/Recruitment on new roles to ensure inclusion is resource and budget forecasting
- Manage internal and external suppliers of resource across Transformation
- Work closely with Procurement to ensure all due diligence is followed on 3rd party supplier management
- Work closely with Transformation and Digital SLTs to ensure supplier resource planning, forecasting and management is effective, fit for purpose, adequately controlled and efficient
What would we like to see in you?
- A proven influencer and communicator with stakeholders at all levels
- Track record of facilitating the successful delivery of large and complex product / projects with high quality output within a regulated environment
- A delivery evangelist that thrives on mentoring and coaching individuals across all layers of the organisation
- The ability to establish and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable
- The drive to continuously and proactively improve the quality of service delivered to all customers, external, internal and business partners
- Behave consistently and with integrity at all times, realising everyone’s potential to get the best possible result and live the values
What’s on offer?
- A range of flexible working options, including working from home and part time opportunities.
- 36.25 working hours per week
- Annual pay review and performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent staff pension scheme
- Continued professional development through internal training, professional qualifications and apprenticeships
- A supportive leadership team, including one-to-one time with your manager each month to discuss your personal development, what you’ve achieved and any support you might be needing
- One paid volunteering day a year
- Health benefits such as free eye tests, flu jabs and the option to opt into private medical insurance
- Additional benefits such as discounted gym memberships, cycle to work schemes and discounts at lots of retailers