Senior BI Analyst
The Analytics & Insights team helps our colleagues make informed decisions, by providing reliable, accurate and timely MI, Analytics & Insights that meets their needs and helps drive value using data.
The purpose of the team is to enable the ability to make proactive, value-driven, product decisions through the use of easily accessible data
From day 1, you’ll be able to contribute to the Covéa Insurance purpose which is ‘To help people protect against the worst happening and put it right if it does’.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
As a Senior BI Analyst, you will be responsible for the development of Visualisation & Reporting across Covea using the appropriate BI Tools, allowing business areas to self-serve and answer their own data questions.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the Business Intelligence across Covéa Insurance by working with key business functions including Claims, Personal Lines, Commercial & Direct Distribution.
- Delivery and implementation of key business KPI’s and reporting through high quality self-serve Dashboards and reports.
- Implementing the best practice and standards for excellent Visualisation across Covea Analyst community, mentoring colleagues in areas of expertise.
- Consulting and maintaining a strong relationship with Business Stakeholders to understand requirements/needs acting as a key referral point;
- Work in an Agile way with other squad members to understand the data requirements and drive out the best solution to meet.
- Develop, test and deploy timely and accurate Reporting Solutions, in line with the agreed requirements of the business and management team;
- Implementing and maintaining the Covéa BI tool suite including BI applications, dashboards and models.
- Support the users with the adoption of self-serve Reporting solutions and supporting the definition and interpretation of dashboards, actively seeking solutions and improvements to drive efficiency and self-serve reporting.
- Use experience and knowledge to pull together new data sets using all available sources of data that support the insight and value driven strategy within the team, working closely with the insight analysts.
- Continuously review and improve on the data tools in place, keep up to date with BI trends and new tools / capabilities that could improve our service and offering.
- Ensure integrity of underlying data contained within Reporting solutions by performing testing and implementing the appropriate controls to ensure data is accurate/high quality
- Working closely with other Analytical teams to provide support, enhance and share insight on initiatives and analysis and improve on their processes.
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience.
Leading our people
- Act as a mentor and referral for junior members of the team and analysts across the business, sharing skills, know-how and training on best practice in areas of specialisation which may include:
- Excellence in the visualisation & storytelling of data.
- Creating effective Power BI reporting with efficient structured data and design principles
- Providing insight into customer behaviour on our digital products and supporting the optimisation of the customer experience
- Deputising for your line manager when appropriate (for example absence, holiday cover etc).
- Foster collaboration through clear and inclusive communications
- Initiate and drive positive change
- Create a culture of success
- Support and promote a culture which is genuinely inclusive and respectful
- Make sure that you treat all our customers with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with
Doing the right thing
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements, Covéa Insurance policies and regulatory requirements
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering)
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager)
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation
What would we like to see in you?
Skills / Capabilities / Experience and Knowledge
- Passionate about data and insights, with the ability to tell simple story with the use of good visualisations from complex data
- Proficient with a variety of data visualisation tools, including Power BI and SSRS
- Expert in defining, building and implementing high quality dashboards and reports which will help our customers visualise and understand their data.
- ü Development experience within a BI and data warehousing environment
- ü Strong knowledge of BI solution architecture and best practice
- ü Understanding of dimensional data modelling concepts
- ü Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in using a variety of querying languages to obtain data
- ü Good understanding of full end to end software development lifecycle and software testing methodologies
- ü Effective communication skills
- ü Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- ü Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties.
- ü Train end users to use the reporting solutions.
- Naturally inquisitive and have a data driven approach
- Adaptable and resourceful, this role will give you both autonomy and accountability.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships;
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service delivered to all
- Respects individual’s views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel;
- Listens to colleagues, offering your views and opinions on their work in a positive and constructive manner;
- Living the company values and showing appreciation for your colleagues at all times
- Actively participates in the departments professional life through contributions to show and tells quarterly celebrations and other team events;
- ü Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience
What’s on offer?
- ü Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- ü A supportive environment, where self-development and improvement is encouraged and supported
- ü Great Work Life Balance, including flexitime and flexible working (Compressed hours, flexible start and finish time)
- ü Opportunity to be integral in the evolvement of the Business Intelligence Team