Embedded in a vibrant part of Altrincham, this agency offers a great career path with working with some of the top professionals in the industry. They offer a competitive salary as well as offering the chance to change perceptions of PPC for the industry. Dark Horse is an agency who want to make a difference to its clients and employees.
We are recruiting for a PPC Executive to join the Search Marketing team. This agency is renowned for its client service and has ambitious growth plans. This is a hands-on role in which the successful candidate will be involved in devising cutting edge paid search strategies for SME brands.
Dark Horse believe in challenging the status quo and they are looking for someone with a hungry mindset, keen to deliver.
The successful candidate will join our rapidly expanding PPC Team, reporting directly to the Head of PPC. They will be responsible for the success of a portfolio of PPC accounts, and the day-to-day communication with their clients. We need someone who can live and breathe the values of our company and is ultimately driven to make an impact in the digital world by putting clients first. This role is not your average PPC Exec role. This is about being a voice and vital central cog in the business. Learning from incredible colleagues and being fast tracked to a huge skill set.
- Knowledge and experience of PPC either in a role, studies or as a hustle (required)
- Evidence of successfully hitting, and surpassing expectations (required)
- Record of success/knowledge using both Google Ads and Microsoft Ads (required)
- Strong knowledge of Paid Search, Shopping, Display, and Remarketing (required)
- Proficiency in Google Analytics (required)
- Understanding of Google Tag Manager and Google Merchant Center (required)
- Excel expert (required)
- Experience working/intern/exposure to an agency (preferred)
- Experience communicating directly with clients/stakeholders regularly (preferred)
- Experience using product feed management platforms (desirable)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field (marketing, business, mathematics, economics, etc..) (desirable)
- Working knowledge of Paid Social platforms (desirable)
- Broad understanding of wider digital channels (SEO, CRO, affiliates, email marketing, Amazon, etc..) (desirable)
- Experience using Google Ads scripts (advantageous)
The ideal PPC Exec:
- Someone with clear and confident communication skills who can work as part of a team to deliver best in class campaigns.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have commercial awareness and understand the accountability of managing client budgets.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills are also essential as well as excellent time management and organisation skills.
- The successful candidate will have a strong interest in paid search marketing and the wider media industry.
- Google Ads and Analytics expertise is essential. FB/Instagram also beneficial.
- Ecommerce – Google Shopping and Shopify experience very beneficial.
- It is essential that applicants keep up to date with the latest industry news, developments and best practices.
Required Personal Qualities:
- Driven to hit targets – someone who is excited every day to tell their colleagues about how their client is achieving fantastic results.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex data – someone who is able to not just comprehend what the numbers show, but can realise why they are the way they are, and how they can change them.
- Analytically minded – someone who understands that PPC requires a lot of detective work and problem solving and won’t stop until they get to the root of an issue.
- Creative – someone who remembers that PPC is advertising, who knows that the only way to stand out is to think outside the box. Mouth sick at that term but you know what we mean.
- Strong commercial awareness – someone who understands the bigger picture and can spot opportunities to grow business.
- Excellent communicator – someone who doesn’t just ‘get’ PPC, but is able to translate this to any client no matter what their experience level.
- Efficient – someone who when sat doing the same repetitive task will look to find a quicker method.
- Desire to make a difference for their clients – someone who will not be happy until their clients are.
- Team player – someone who places the success of the team above their own success, and is not just able to write ‘able to work individually or as part of a team’ in their CV. If it says that shit in your opening paragraph…. Nah.
Remote or Hybrid Role. Loads of holidays and all that jazz. We even plant trees for the team each month in The Dark Forest.