Our associate product managers work on a diverse range of projects, products and services within DfE Digital, and get involved in all stages of the product life cycle.
At DfE Digital, we want to deliver quickly and prove we add value, but we want to do so in a way that's sustainable and inclusive. You’ll make sure we build things the right way, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and trends, whilst delivering working software early and often.
You’ll work to help define, deliver and measure digital products and services for our users. You will ensure our products meet the needs of our users and deliver real value to the organisation. You will be supporting teams to follow agile, user-centred methods.
As an associate product manager, you will:
• Understand the problem by working closely with stakeholders, users, technical, policy and operational experts to create and strengthen a product vision
• Be embedded in a multi-disciplinary team that will deliver the product and iteratively improve it through multiple delivery phases
• Develop an understanding of the users’ needs and champion these in the delivery of your product
• Define, explain and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, team and stakeholders
• Develop and prioritise a product roadmap and backlog, writing good user stories and making decisions based on data, up-to-date evidence and changing priorities
• Set measurable goals for your product and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits
• Ensure your product meets the Digital Service Standard.
• Play an active role in the burgeoning DfE product manager community as well as the cross-government product manager community.
• Play a role in creating a diverse, inclusive, supportive culture that stimulates innovation and enables high-performing teams to build and sustain high quality products.