As a Channel Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, developing, and expanding relationships with our partners and in turn their end users. You will have great experience working within the tech industry before who is looking for a new challenge! Reporting directly to the Sales Director, you will be an enthusiastic and driven professional.
As for us? Distology is an award-winning, vibrant, enthusiastic, and fast-growing technology company based in Stockport with bold ambitions for growth over the next 3 years.
We specialise in representing new and emerging cloud-based cyber security solutions across EMEA and we’re great at breathing new life into well-established vendors looking to reboot their presence too! We’re a specialist IT distributor with difference – that means we sell cybersecurity solutions to channel partners, who sell them to their customers as part of a solution to an IT challenge. What’s the “difference” – everyone at Distology specialises heavily in a cybersecurity subject and then we use that specialisation to teach our channel partners and support them on calls with their customers where needed so that they’re more successful.
How do we know we’re doing the right things? Led by Role Model & Woman of the Year 2021 (CRN Women in Channel Awards), Hayley Roberts, we’ve also won awards for our outstanding levels of service and support to our channel reseller partners and vendor technology providers, including CRN’s Distributor of the Year 2019, Cloud Distributor of the Year 2020 and CRN’s Women in Channel Gender Parity Award 2020.
Our success is down to the dedicated, passionate, and talented individuals within our team; does that sound like you? We need you to be aligned and engaged with our key values to be successful in this role: positive, innovative, a trusted expert, ambitious and agile in your approach to the role.
Is this role right for you?
Distology now has a fabulous opportunity for a Channel Development Manager to join our sales team during an exciting period of growth. We are looking for candidates who are looking for a career in sales by delivering a great service for Distology. We want someone who can not only demonstrate how they can embody our company values but will work collaboratively within the sales team. You must have a desire to work in a fast-paced, varied, and vibrant environment.
What we expect you to do in the role:
- Create a New Partner acquisition strategy in partnership with our Sales Director and wider Distology team.
- Identify existing partners we can grow by introducing additional products and services
- Identify existing partners where we can create a joint GTM to grow both their and our business.
- In collaboration with identified strategic partners, lead campaigns, create value proposition and partner commercial model to build pipeline for our vendors.
- Proactively leads a partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Work closely with our product sales specialists to promote the entire Distology portfolio
- To recruit identified partners to drive sales and increase overall revenues
- Work closely with the technical team to increase your technical knowledge of the Distology portfolio
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partners’ needs on an ongoing basis, reports need back to Sales Director and builds plan of how to address needs.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in identified partner accounts.
What we need from you now and throughout your time with us:
- 2+ Years’ experience of selling into partners within the UK Channel
- Actively represent Distology each day which reflects the core company values: Agile, Trusted Expert, Ambitious, innovative, positivity
- Have natural rapport building skills
- An active professional interest in business and technology
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent Communication Skills – verbal and written
- Good understanding of CRM Systems
- The drive and desire to be successful and proactive
- Strong organisational skills
- Be a self-starter who can quickly take ownership of the role.
- Have a passion to continue to expand their sales knowledge.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Can demonstrate passion, enthusiasm, and self-confidence.
- Be able to work both independently and within a team.
- An interest in business and technology
We value our people above everything, so the following really speaks to that:
- Be treated like an intelligent and valued person, whose ideas and passion are welcomed
- An excellent holiday packages
- Investment in your health & wellbeing
- Company bonus scheme.
- Learning & development opportunities – both in sales/account management and technology
- Quarterly company values awards
- Service awards for tenure
We embrace hiring individuals from all backgrounds, because it makes our business stronger, we want to work in an enriched environment, and we want to celebrate everyone that joins our team! Distology will grow and develop with our diverse group of employees. So, if you share in our values then, we would love to hear from you.