This is a unique opportunity for a Director of Software Engineering to join one of Manchester’s best-known ecommerce scale-ups.
The company have the backing of a FTSE 250 business and launched to the public late 2020 with a full UK wide TV advertising campaign.
As Director of Software Engineering you’d lead a team of Heads of Engineering and would be responsible for around 200 Software Engineers. You’d work alongside Directors of Product, Delivery and Design to guide the evolution of serverless event driven systems in an AWS environment whilst also helping to scale the product engineering department to 300+ people.
This is a strategic leadership role, so you’ll own and implement the technical strategy, ensure you have a rewarding working environment for your Software Engineers, and that they have a psychologically safe environment in which to innovate and grow.
- Experience leading large technology teams with multiple streams of work
- An empathetic and people focussed servant leader experience managing managers
- Experience building a high-performance, inclusive and diverse engineering culture
- Passionate about building and enabling autonomous cross-functional teams
- Strong tech knowledge (agile/lean/cloud/serverless/observability/devops etc.)
The money is good too – up to £140,000 plus benefits including 25% bonus, 5% pension, private medical and regular flexible/remote working.
If you’re interested in this opportunity and would like to know more, please either contact me directly on 07949 226 127 or apply through this advert and I will contact you ASAP.