As a Linux Systems Administrator, you will configure, deploy and maintain all server-based components for multiple product groups and production environments with the organization. You will establish/maintain relationships with all third-party vendors related to server-based deployment and provide technical support to product management in developing server-based infrastructure solutions as required to meet customer demands.
- Administer and support hosted and/or collocated production environments for various product groups.
- Maintain security and monitoring of production, staging, development and QA sites
- Install configure, maintain operating systems on all production and staging/development/QA environments.
- Maintain relationships with vendors of server hardware and hosting providers
- Creation of scripts to enhance efficiency of server maintenance
- Assist with Database Administration where required
- Promote new version, upgrades and bug fixes to production environment ensuring the promoted process is followed and documented.
- Monitor production and corporate server uptime through automated monitoring systems
- Collect statistical data used in monitoring and evaluating performance of production environments throughout the company, as required
- Manage and/or maintain network architecture of production environments, both physical and virtual
- Monitor logs for suspect activity, set-up and maintenance of Intrusion Detection System (IDS), firewalls, etc.
Required to be on-call and respond to security events, system failure, system updates, and system maintenance
- Support of Corporate IT requests as required
- Additional duties as required
- Significant experience within a System Admin role
- Linux/Unix Administration with CentOS/Ubuntu based Linux
- Strong knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud services
- Deep understanding of how to configure and set-up robust network operations facilities that are: scalable, enabled for safe failover, load balancing and secure.
- Network Management – Cisco, Brocade, and ProCurve
- Shell Scripting: Bash, Perl
- Web Server Administration with Apache and understanding of SSL certificates
- Familiarity of backup systems, including Zerto and Veeam
- Firewall/Router configuration with IP Tables
- Web application server administration experience with Jboss
- Database administration experience with Cassandra, Maria, MySQL and CAS
- Strong knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud services
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and be part of a small group of software developers focused on the transfer of customer driven requests into production code.