Senior Product Owner
Join us as we reimagine an agile future of vehicle connectivity and help shape our digital test data platform for our next generation Electric Vehicles and Autonomous vehicles.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Product Owner to help drive our engineering data product roadmaps working in partnership with stakeholders across the business.
- Would you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
- Would you excel within a world-class and enthusiastic team that loves what they do?
- Are you looking for an influential role that can truly make a difference?
You will form an essential part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help define, support and grow an entirely new agile software delivery capability within Jaguar Land Rover. Reporting directly to the Principal Product Owner, you will be a valued member of the team, contributing to the strategic direction of the centre and projects delivered.
We’re also keen for you to mentor and share your agile skills and knowledge with other members of the scrum teams and the wider Global Digital Development Centre.
The Product Owner is responsible for the following:
- Serve as the intermediary between our customer’s needs, technical capabilities, and engineering requirements, developing these into roadmaps and requirements for the Agile backlog of development teams
- Lead the refinement of features and user stories to ensure delivery teams are prepared to meet sprint deadlines.
- Work with others on a day-to-day basis to help make decisions on what is in scope and provide input into functional decisions.
- Coordinate with business customers and their project managers to ensure successful delivery.
- Support demonstrations and our business stakeholders and external customers
- Bring a technical based approach in assessing new changes and / or requirements; develop relationships with key stakeholders and be an advocate for improvements across the wider organisation.
- Oversee all development stages of the product.
- Work closely to understand and coordinate dependencies to ensure alignment.
- Help personalize and humanize the customer experience while at the same time accomplishing future business scalability.
What experience you need:
- Experience of product ownership and project delivery. Proficient in the analysis and implementation of customer requirements, product backlog and product vision
- Knowledge and or certification of Agile/Scaled Agile practices and methodologies.
- Experience with working across organisational silos and breaking down barriers to successful product ownership or project delivery.
- Understanding of iterative software development and incremental delivery
- Delivery of high-quality user stories and how to drive to a satisfactory MVP.
- An adaptable and pragmatic approach and a curious mind, continually asking ‘why’
- Independent mindset with an appreciation of what ‘better’ looks like – able to suggest improvements to existing products, processes, or ways of working, or even new products
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills