Accessibility Testing Lead - Senior Manager
KPMG UK -
KPMG is building a "best in class" Testing / QA Practice with a clear mission - to accelerate business change. By leveraging KPMG's considerable in-house industry knowledge with the leading test tools, methods and practices, KPMG is seeking to help our clients deliver efficient, high-quality change – while minimising risk.
We are currently looking to recruit people who can make a significant contribution to the continuing development of KPMG’s Quality Engineering and Testing Services team (within the Connected Technology team) through capability development, service delivery expertise, client engagement and growth of new business opportunities.
You will help define and grow the testing practice, specifically in the area of Accessibility Testing. You will support the achievement of revenue targets, expanding the pipeline of opportunities and developing value propositions.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued, we believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy.
- Ongoing development, delivery, and leadership of the Accessibility Testing service
- Solution development, showing a clear ability as an Accessibility Testing Subject Matter Expert; to build, develop and implement accessibility test service propositions and services
- Business development for accessibility testing; including growing the capability, promoting and marketing our services, pre-sales / sales / bid management (with associated sales targets)
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to support and deliver connected accessibility services
- Project management, with a proven ability to run multiple client projects simultaneously where required
- Manage the delivery of accessibility testing services, including production and / or oversight of accelerators and templates, and testing strategies / test plans for ongoing delivery or for specific projects
- Ensure that KPMG accessibility testing services are aligned to good practice and influencing the industry
- Drive a culture of ongoing process improvements, to enhance and expand the service offerings
- Lead and test on project methodologies such as Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Waterfall and other hybrid methods
- Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence senior management and stakeholders, and to build and maintain strong team and client relationships
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions/solutions
- Ability to take client aspirations and ideas and support them through to delivery
- Team leader with passion to motivate, engage and instil learning culture to ensure accessibility solutions are effective and successful, and to educate them on how to test for accessibility
- Good understanding of web and mobile technologies, with a genuine desire to improve technologies to deliver high quality user experiences for all
- Experience producing or assessing accessible products that adhere to organisational and WCAG guidelines
- Ideally you will hold an accessibility certification or qualification (such as IAAP CPACC)
- Experience with browser and CLI accessibility test tools (such as Pa11y, AXE, Inspect, WAI toolbar)
- Sound knowledge of assistive technologies (such as JAWS, NVDA, Dragon, VoiceOver)
- Excellent knowledge of Software Testing / QA Life Cycle including understanding the various types of testing (such as manual, automated, functional, non -functional), ideally ISEB/ISTQB qualified
- Good understanding of test management tools (such as ALM, JIRA, Zephyr, Azure DevOps)
- Some knowledge and experience of test automation, non-functional testing, and technical testing
- You may need to undergo security vetting, ideally you will already hold government security clearance
To explore this opportunity, click here.